vista

nerdy

Great Program for cleaning your Computer.I recently bought new vista machine.When I was using Xp I use to add folder like prefetch,Temp and user Account Cookies.That keep my computer clean and fast .what folder in vista is gone be and in the same way I set it up so that when computer start it clean up silently that works great in XP but not in Vista.Any Help

Thks

Hey there,

Should be able to click on the OPTIONS, SETTINGS & check the "Run CCleaner when the computer starts" for it to work. When I do this though Windows Defender will ask me to confirm allowing this, so if that could stop it if you didn't say APPLY ACTION to Defender. Here's a screen shot:

Hope this helps,

Shawn

post-12863-1176866832_thumb.jpg

post-12863-1176866976_thumb.jpg

Vista 64 bit Home Premium

CCleaner Version 1.40.520

www.Vistax64.com

Hey there,

Should be able to click on the OPTIONS, SETTINGS & check the "Run CCleaner when the computer starts" for it to work. When I do this though Windows Defender will ask me to confirm allowing this, so if that could stop it if you didn't say APPLY ACTION to Defender. Here's a screen shot:

Hope this helps,

Shawn

Thks Shawn,

It really help.But my CCleaner is saying not yet classifed.when my machine boot up I got a massage that says blocked startup programs could you send me setting.Could you tell me what folder I should pick in Vista.To clean.

Thks

Hi Brink, Windows Defender is blocking CCleaner from running on my computer at startup. I see the screenshot you posted, but I can't find out how to get to that screen on my computer. I opened Windows Defender and I can only find 'Allowed items' and that doesn't give me an option to add any programs. Can you elborate on how to allow CCleaner in defender? Thanks in advance.

Hi Jabroni,

Normaly when you make a change to the startup file(list on vista), Windows Defender will pop up a icon or notification window asking you to approve immediately after you selected it the program that you wanted to start on startup options. But here's how you can manually check inside of Windows Defender to see what is accepted or not & to disable or enable any of them. Here's a screenshot too: (instructions below screenshot)

post-12863-1176951137_thumb.jpg

1. Open Windows Defender

2. Click on Tools at Top

3. Click on "Software Explorer" (this will open a list of startup programs)

4. click on CCleaner (should be in list if you told CCleaner to start on startup in it's options)

5. click on "ENABLE" at bottom

It should start on startup now.

post-12863-1176951137_thumb.jpg

www.Vistax64.com

Thks Shawn,

It really help.But my CCleaner is saying not yet classifed.when my machine boot up I got a massage that says blocked startup programs could you send me setting.Could you tell me what folder I should pick in Vista.To clean.

Thks

Hi nerdy,

Check out instructions I left below for jabroni. It doesn't matter that CCleaner is not yet classified. It only means that Windows Defender doesn't have a classification for it yet. Sorta like a safe programs list. It's just not on the list, but it'll still run if you enable it.

Shawn

www.Vistax64.com

Sorry,

One more option if you can't enable it in Windows Defender. Sometimes it finiky.

1. open Control Panel

2. click on "Administrator Tools"

3. click on "System Configuration"

4. click on the "startup" tab

5. click on CCleaner

6. click on box to check it to Enable startup

7. click OK

This wil do it for you I hope,

Shawn

www.Vistax64.com

Sorry,

One more option if you can't enable it in Windows Defender. Sometimes it finiky.

1. open Control Panel

2. click on "Administrator Tools"

3. click on "System Configuration"

4. click on the "startup" tab

5. click on CCleaner

6. click on box to check it to Enable startup

7. click OK

This wil do it for you I hope,

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

Thks.Let me try

Hi Brink, the 'enable' button is greyed out and does not give me the option to turn it on. I followed your intructions to the startup list and CCleaner is already checked.

I have UAC enabled on my computer, I'm not sure if this is what's causing the problem. Thanks for the help.

Hi Brink, the 'enable' button is greyed out and does not give me the option to turn it on. I followed your intructions to the startup list and CCleaner is already checked.

I have UAC enabled on my computer, I'm not sure if this is what's causing the problem. Thanks for the help.

hi Shawn,

same problem here.Any idea why may be we missed any step.

Thks

Shawn

Ok,

1st try running CCleaner as administrator.

1.right click on CCleaner's icon

2.click on properties

3.click on Compatiblity tab

4.check the box for "Run this program as an administrator" under PRIVILEDGE LEVEL section

5.click OK to apply

Test that & if doesn't help then:

Try disabling UAC to see if that's causing the problem. Sometimes that will interfere with programs.

1.open control panel

2.click on User Accounts

3.click on "Turn user account control on or off"

4.uncheck it & hit OK

5. you'll have to reboot after this

You'll get a Security Center warning when this is diasabled. To get rid of the warning just reenable UAC after your testing.

Hope this helps,

Shawn

:unsure:

www.Vistax64.com

Ok,

2.click on properties

4.check the box for "Run this program as an administrator" under PRIVILEDGE LEVEL section

5.click OK to apply

Try disabling UAC to see if that's causing the problem. Sometimes that will interfere with programs.

1.open control panel

2.click on User Accounts

4.uncheck it & hit OK

You'll get a Security Center warning when this is diasabled. To get rid of the warning just reenable UAC after your testing.

Hope this helps,

Shawn

:unsure:

Thanks let me try

Shawn

Thanks let me try

Shawn

2.click on properties

5.click OK to apply

NO LUCK let me try other Thks

2.click on properties

5.click OK to apply

NO LUCK let me try other Thks

Try this

1.open control panel

2.click on User Accounts

4.uncheck it & hit OK

it helps but do not know weather CCleaner runs on start-up or not coz after I boot up I ran CCleaner Manually there was more than few file need to clean .

Any idea

Shawn Thks

Try this

1.open control panel

2.click on User Accounts

4.uncheck it & hit OK

it helps but do not know weather CCleaner runs on start-up or not coz after I boot up I ran CCleaner Manually there was more than few file need to clean .

Any idea

Shawn Thks

I reenable UAC after testing.and UAC back in action on boot up Plus before I enable UAC just being nerdy I check DEFENDER it was still not yet classfied and enable was grey out.

Thks

Shawn

Sorry Nerdy & Jabroni,

I'm all out of ideas. Post a bug report on this site & hopefully they'll have a fix in a update soon. If I think of anything else I'll post it here for ya. We gave it a valiant try, but Vista kicked our butts. Unitl next time VISTA.

Sorry,

Shawn

:blink:

www.Vistax64.com

One last idea. How I got mine to work:

1. running Vista 64-bit Home Premium

2. I have UAC disabled

3. I clicked on the "Run CCleaner on startup" option in CCleaner

4. shortly after Windows Defender asked me to Permit changes to Vista Startup from CCleaner

5. I click accept in Defender

6. I noticed that on the 2nd time I restarted, not 1st, that CCleaner showed up in Task Manager

under the PROCESSES tab when starting. (no display window of CCleaner shown though)

7. Viola we have it running at start-up (what's it doing I don't know, but it was running in the

processes list at start-up)

Run Task Manager while your starting up & see if CCleaner is running on yours.

Task Manager location:

1. Right click on your Time(clock) in bottom right corner

2. click on TASK MANAGER

3. make sure "Show processes from all users" is checked under PROCESSES tab

If it's listed, it's a working.

Hope this works. I don't know what else to do, for this works on my setup.

Shawn

P.S. to get Windows Defender to ask you again, uncheck the Start CCleaner on startup in CCleaner & close CCleaner. Then reopen & click it again & Defender should ask you again to Accept changes.

www.Vistax64.com

One last idea. How I got mine to work:

1. running Vista 64-bit Home Premium

2. I have UAC disabled

3. I clicked on the "Run CCleaner on startup" option in CCleaner

4. shortly after Windows Defender asked me to Permit changes to Vista Startup from CCleaner

5. I click accept in Defender

6. I noticed that on the 2nd time I restarted, not 1st, that CCleaner showed up in Task Manager

under the PROCESSES tab when starting. (no display window of CCleaner shown though)

7. Viola we have it running at start-up (what's it doing I don't know, but it was running in the

processes list at start-up)

Run Task Manager while your starting up & see if CCleaner is running on yours.

Task Manager location:

1. Right click on your Time(clock) in bottom right corner

2. click on TASK MANAGER

3. make sure "Show processes from all users" is checked under PROCESSES tab

If it's listed, it's a working.

Hope this works. I don't know what else to do, for this works on my setup.

Shawn

P.S. to get Windows Defender to ask you again, uncheck the Start CCleaner on startup in CCleaner & close CCleaner. Then reopen & click it again & Defender should ask you again to Accept changes.

Thks for all this help.Learn A lot

Just to update you I tryed First disable UAC than computer Reboot after this I disable CCleaner on start up.I got a message from Window Defender to permit CCleaner I click on that here come Window Defender than I simply anable CCleaner.Than I check and Reboot the system.I discover that if I disable UAC than CCleaner is not running on Boot up Coz I check on Task Manager.

Than just to learn I enable UAC and reboot than I got a message that CCleaner need to start.

So what I figure out from this drill that when I disable UAC there is no CCleaner on the Boot up but when I turn it on than it ask me to run it or not.

It look like CCleaner Bug.

Thks Shawn