squished web pages

Certain webpages i visit are all squished up, so that they have a border on each side of them about 3 inches from the edge of the computers screens on the right and left sides.

Its not smaller, its actually compressed so that text and such overlays eachother.

For example, the webpage is the same size whether or not i have the bookmarks open or not-it just has less border at that point, but the screen does not expand or shrink.

This is the case in both IE and Firefox so i am assuming it is a computer setting and not a browser issue.

Any suggestions? :)

Hey guys,

OK, how do i take a screen shot in Vista? :huh: I was using a utility that isn't supported on Vista.

Doesn't happen for the same pages on my desktop (this is only happening on my laptop).

Examples of webpages (these are only a couple of them):

http://nothingtoxic.com/

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseactio...5c-c1d8566aaa84

This happens in both firefox and IE.

This page for instance comes up fine in both IE and Firefox.

hmmmmmmm.......

• Moderators

You don't need any programs to take screenshots, at least in xp. Try this:

Press the button that says prtsc/r(may or may not have the r) Then open up paint and press ctrl+V. That should take a screenshot. :)

• Moderators

Actually I think its supposed to look like that. It looks that way for me in firefox and IE.

untitledir0.th.jpg

You have your text bigger, but thats it.

I'm not sure why it would be different on your other computer though.

Looks same to me too, here is screen shot from IE7 if I can figure out how to include it. :):mellow:

Yep, that worked, thanks again Hazelnut/

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Ok, but why is the writing in my screen shot all out of whack? Like the headlines for the two videos are not in the black area like in your guys screen shots. Mine is all off center.

I'll have to play around with this.

Ok, but why is the writing in my screen shot all out of whack? Like the headlines for the two videos are not in the black area like in your guys screen shots. Mine is all off center.

Good question. Maybe try manufacturer for graphics drivers instead of using Vistas' or vice versa.

• Moderators

I think its because you have the size of the font increased.

• Moderators
But I have the font increased on my xp one as well, and i dont see the pages like that. hmmmmmm.

Same amount? I increased the font on that page and got this:

post-1352-1175399612_thumb.jpg

It could also be monitor size and resolution differences.

I clicked on your link and got this.

post-1544-1175402919_thumb.jpg

This is with a 19" screen and the resolution set at 1024x768.

I changed the resoultion to 800x600, and got this.

post-1544-1175403151_thumb.jpg

Looks like the correct resolution is somewhere in between.

Your screen looks pretty wide, try setting the resolution to one of these:

1360x768

1600x900

1600x1024

The vista is my 17" laptop screen. Come to think of it, it could be considered a widescreen monitor, so maybe that is the issue?

The XP is on a 19" desktop screen.

I tried changing the screen size earlier, but when i change it, it doesnt look as clear, almost a bit fuzzy. Maybe a graphics card issue?

XPSP2 suggested maybe graphics cards drivers, but I am a bit worried to mess with those as I had a lot of problems on my desktop when I was trying to update my ATI drivers-I ended up rolling them back to just keep from having issues.

I thought he was talking about something like this originally, guess not:

overflowing_browser_text.png.xs.jpg

YES! Actually that is partially the problem! Is there a way to fix that? It drives me crazy!

• Moderators
YES! Actually that is partially the problem! Is there a way to fix that? It drives me crazy!

I don't know. Perhaps it's the font size I use as the problem is in Opera and Firefox, however font changing in Internet Explorer is ultra limited so I've never ever seen the problem in it.

• Moderators
I don't know. Perhaps it's the font size I use as the problem is in Opera and Firefox, however font changing in Internet Explorer is ultra limited so I've never ever seen the problem in it.

In IE7 you just click the little size thing in the lower right corner. To me it looks like you just have the font too big or your screen size is set too low.