A Registry Editor

MajoMo

I want to replace "Vilma Registry Explorer" for another Registry Editor. All of a sudden Vilma had been to give errors (I don't know why).

I want a good Registry Editor - and, please, a freeware...1148.gif

I'll appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.

• Moderators
I want to replace "Vilma Registry Explorer" for another Registry Editor. All of a sudden Vilma had been to give errors (I don't know why).

I want a good Registry Editor - and, please, a freeware...1148.gif

I'll appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.

Why not just use RegEdit, it can after all have bookmarks/favourites stored in it.

Also if you screw up using RegEdit at least you'll be using an official MS tool to do it. :lol:

This is little off-topic, but sometimes when using RegEdit, i found leftover keys of uninstalled programs. Any registry cleaning softwares won't found those (i use quite a many). So even when you unistall programs properly and use registry cleaning softwares, there still is reg. entries lurking. I just found a key (and values) created by Kerio firewall, that i uninstalled ages ago.. :/ It was under HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software.

• Moderators
Any registry cleaning softwares won't found those (i use quite a many). So even when you unistall programs properly and use registry cleaning softwares, there still is reg. entries lurking. I just found a key (and values) created by Kerio firewall, that i uninstalled ages ago.. :/ It was under HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software.

That's why using a install watcher like ZSoft Uninstaller is needed when installing software. I track all non-Microsoft updates and if/when I uninstall them I use the uninstaller provided by the program, and then I'll run ZSoft Uninstaller. I've been uninstalling in that way because I've noticed that it's sometimes necessary depending upon what a program installed.

Also if you screw up using RegEdit at least you'll be using an official MS tool to do it. :lol:

A source of great comfort to a registry scaredy-cat like me. B)

A question on the topic: what does ZSoft uninstaller do? Make a note, so to speak, of the registry changes an installation has made?

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Yeaph... And it's free... :mellow: I'm thinking about... 1%20(11).gif1%20(224).gif

Instead of regedit, I use RegAlyzer.

Thanks, I tried it. Better than RegEdit and it is ligth and nice. I chose RegCool (haven't undo'feature like Vilma) - but has a far more quick search than RegAlyzer.

what does ZSoft uninstaller do? Make a note, so to speak, of the registry changes an installation has made?

From their website: "Analyze an installation so it can be completely uninstalled (also supports reboots of the computer as the process is split into two: Before and after the installation)".

If you use it you have less and less uninstall troubles and less junk in your PC (files) and Registry.

That's why using a install watcher like ZSoft Uninstaller is needed when installing software. I track all non-Microsoft updates and if/when I uninstall them I use the uninstaller provided by the program, and then I'll run ZSoft Uninstaller. I've been uninstalling in that way because I've noticed that it's sometimes necessary depending upon what a program installed.

I just installed that ZSoft Uninstaller. So when i install some program, i first analyze that program with ZSoft Uninstaller. Then i use program own uninstall utility (Add/Remove program) and finally use ZSoft Uninstaller to remove that program?

• Moderators
So when i install some program, i first analyze that program with ZSoft Uninstaller. Then i use program own uninstall utility (Add/Remove program) and finally use ZSoft Uninstaller to remove that program?

That's just what I myself do. ;)

I suspect some programs which have a right click shell extension, and perhaps some setups that use Windows Installer may not like be removed without their actual uninstall file be ran.

You may want to hold off on ZSoft Uninstaller I think I've found a serious problem/bug as seen here on the ZSoft Uninstaller Forums.