Linux

papajoe

Newsflash just in: Dateline April 1, 2007 - Our ace reporter Danny Crane tells us Sir William Gates, long known for his altruism and charity, but also known for recognizing ways to make money when he sees them, has decided that he is going to relieve himself of the dinosaur that is Windows and invest in a rising up-and-coming Linux distro called PCLinuxOS. The brainchild of a genius who goes simply by the name of Texstar, PCLinuxOS has come into its own with the release of PCLinuxOS 2007. Having been in development for about four years PCLinuxOS has far surpassed the best efforts of Windows in its many-year history. It is rumored that Sir William is also engaged in talks with Warren Buffet to see if he wants in on the ground floor of what is almost certain to be the most successful computer operating system yet. We will have more for you as the story develops.

• Moderators

Oh come on. If your going to post something like that you have to at least post a link to where you got it.

Probably would be a good idea because if Bill Gates did get behind it, he would throw a bazillion dollars at it to make it work on anything and be simple to use. :P

Oh come on. If your going to post something like that you have to at least post a link to where you got it.

Probably would be a good idea because if Bill Gates did get behind it, he would throw a bazillion dollars at it to make it work on anything and be simple to use. :P

Err, rridgely: "Dateline April 1, 2007" :lol:

• Moderators
Now this is cool.

Its a cool monitor thats for sure.

If its not fake then it probably cost a ton. How practical it would be I'm not sure.

When is the last time you saw someone using them stupid tablet pcs. :P

I guess you didn't notice he used a mouse as well.

Then why bother with the touch screen at all if you have to use the mouse as well (didn't watch long enough to see that, was yet another Linux gimmick video as far as I was concerned).

Pretty impressive technically, but pretty pointless practically.

• 2 weeks later...

Could this be the beginning of a major turnaround for LinuX? By that I mean that I am wondering if this could eventually lead to Linux eventually becoming a major competitor. I just can't imagine a company like Dell putting Ubuntu on their PCs if they aren't performing properly. I guess that time will tell.

Dell Embraces Ubuntu Linux

Dell will preinstall Ubuntu Linux on some of its desktop PCs; details to be announced.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/131426-1/ar...ml?tk=nl_dnxnws

• Moderators
Could this be the beginning of a major turnaround for LinuX? By that I mean that I am wondering if this could eventually lead to Linux eventually becoming a major competitor. I just can't imagine a company like Dell putting Ubuntu on their PCs if they aren't performing properly. I guess that time will tell.

Dell Embraces Ubuntu Linux

Dell will preinstall Ubuntu Linux on some of its desktop PCs; details to be announced.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/131426-1/ar...ml?tk=nl_dnxnws

Over the past few months dell has been putting out articles like this. I'll believe it when I see it.

The computers are going to probably cost more than the windows ones. <_< Its probably still better to just get a windows machine and then put on linux if you want.