Windows Card Space

DennisD

• Moderators

Always use automatic update for windows stuff, but only realised this had been installed when I opened Control Panel > User Accounts. I think it may have been installed with .NET Framework 3.

It`s actually running at the moment although I haven`t activated anything. (Task Manager says 15mb)

Anyone else have this?

I know it`s to do with identity protection, or put another way:-

The Identity Metasystem is an interoperable architecture for digital identity that assumes people will have several digital identities based on multiple underlying technologies, implementations, and providers. :)

Sound good?

Afraid they`re not my words. Got them from here.

Do I need it on my pc now, or sometime in the future, or at all?

cardspace.jpg.xs.jpg

• Moderators

:lol: I have this on one of my pcs, and I didn't even know either. :P

I'm not sure what installed it, but it sounds like a stupid functionality to me. Why would I want to give sites "cards" with even more information about me?

There`s a first. I`ve actually told someone something they didn`t know. 1%20(78).gif

Glad you posted this. I caught it when updating and skipped it. I think it was a separate update all by itself, not sure.

Thanks. :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

This thread had me thinking I know of that app name, then the link to what it's about just made me remember seeing it last year, but since I don't track Microsoft installations I didn't know what Microsoft update or download had installed it - although I never gave much thought of it being installed.