Firefox 1.0.3 Final Released

Tarun

Firefox is an award winning preview of next generation browsing technology from mozilla.org. Firefox empowers you to accomplish your online activities faster, more safely and efficiently than any other browser, period. Built with Tab browsing, popup blocking and a number of other seamless innovations, Firefox stands out ahead.

Firefox 1.0.3 is a security and stability update that is part of our ongoing program to provide a safe Internet experience for our customers. We recommend that all users upgrade to this latest version.

• Changelog:
  • MFSA 2005-33 Javascript "lambda" replace exposes memory contents
  • MFSA 2005-34 java script: PLUGINSPAGE code execution
  • MFSA 2005-35 Showing blocked java script: popup uses wrong privilege context
  • MFSA 2005-36 Cross-site scripting through global scope pollution
  • MFSA 2005-37 Code execution through java script: favicons
  • MFSA 2005-38 Search plugin cross-site scripting
  • MFSA 2005-39 Arbitrary code execution from Firefox sidebar panel II
  • MFSA 2005-40 Missing Install object instance checks
  • MFSA 2005-41 Privilege escalation via DOM property overrides

Download: Firefox 1.0.3 Final

Homepage: Firefox - Rediscover the web

GET FIREFOX!

Hey everyone! I'm new to the boards...

Seriously, if you don't use Firefox already, you really should get it. It really is faster, safer and better.

For instance, since I use Firefox, I never get caught up with DSO Exploit.

Anyways, my 02 cents.

Glad to join you guys!

Snowy :)

GET FIREFOX!

Hey everyone! I'm new to the boards...

Seriously, if you don't use Firefox already, you really should get it. It really is faster, safer and better.

For instance, since I use Firefox, I never get caught up with DSO Exploit.

Anyways, my 02 cents.

Glad to join you guys!

Snowy :)

Spybot 1.3.1TX and 1.4 RC1 can fix that DSO Exploit.

:huh: I keep hearing good things about Firefox and I'm really tired of the problems with I.E.'s "vulnerabilities", but my other computer is down and I'm still using my $20 dinosaur with only 100mhz and 32 ? memory. Do you think I should even try Firefox? I'm already using all kinds of software, etc. that I don't meet the requirements for .... but it doesn't seem to slow me down too much. :unsure:

:huh: I keep hearing good things about Firefox and I'm really tired of the problems with I.E.'s "vulnerabilities", but my other computer is down and I'm still using my $20 dinosaur with only 100mhz and 32 ? memory.  Do you think I should even try Firefox? I'm already using all kinds of software, etc. that I don't meet the requirements for .... but it doesn't seem to slow me down too much. :unsure:

System Requirements

zaphirer: you have another issue... Firefox doesn't just do that. Check your extensions. Run firefox by typing "firefox -safe-mode" in the Run... box (or click the Firefox (Safe Mode) icon in the start menu)

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Firefox is a bit of a resource hog when compared to IE... whenever I visit forums, or have more than 2 or 3 windows up, it temporarily goes "Not Responding" then comes back suddenly huh.gif

my have no problem... but indeed it is using quite a lot resources... but i think is worth... instead of using internet explorer and putting my computer at risk of malware infections...

--==aGumon==--

Firefox using more resources is an illusion... after you add in the core components of IE (which are already loaded into the operating system... because it partly IS the operating system) the resource usage is about the same. Need memory temporarily? Minimize it! Watch in your task manager as firefox memory usage drops to a few megs when you minimize (of course, in XP, everything does, but still!)...

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Minimize it! Watch in your task manager as firefox memory usage drops to a few megs when you minimize (of course, in XP, everything does, but still!)...

that's cool! B)

--==aGumon==--

Firefox uses memory based upon how much RAM you have on your computer and how much is available. If it finds out that you have 512MB of ram and your only using 64MB of ram, its going to use more ram then needed to improve performance, why? Because free RAM is waisted RAM.

And yes there are ways to make it go down to 24k or less.

(Found the above "facts?" in a thread in MozzilaZine.

Firefox uses memory based upon how much RAM you have on your computer and how much is available. If it finds out that you have 512MB of ram and your only using 64MB of ram, its going to use more ram then needed to improve performance, why? Because free RAM is waisted RAM.

And yes there are ways to make it go down to 24k or less.

(Found the above "facts?" in a thread in MozzilaZine.

hi do you have the exact link for this info thankyou

internet cleaning tool

That son of a b**** took my post and made it into spam. Never do that again or so help you God!

*Anger*

LOL -- temper, temper

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

That's a pretty crooked observation. If Firefox loads too slowly for you, use firefox preloader. Internet Explorer is integrated into the operating system and has an unfair advantage. Also, IE has a built in popup blocker ever since XP Service Pack 2, so you don't need to download a popup blocker. Finally, not every word deserves a capital letter. You look like a goon. Stop it.

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips