Winter Sucks, Part 2

Andavari

• Moderators

Winter Sucks, Part 2 ...yeah it really does suck!

After the ice storm in the central U.S. my house went 24 1/2 hours without any electricity and heat. Damn it was cold in the house, and I ended up having to wear my winter hat, coat, and gloves while inside the house to stay warm.

I think the final conclusion if one could say is "I've outgrown winter." ;)

Andavari. I agree, I,m sick of it . We went from 60 degrees 2 days ago ( first time above freezing for over a month ) & severe storms with severely high winds to blizard warnings shortly after. which luckily missed Us by about 50 miles west of Us. But I,m still dealing with the ice storm from over a month ago. As far as I,m concerned come on global warming. Cowboy

post-5273-1172445356_thumb.jpg

post-5273-1172445356_thumb.jpg

• Moderators
Winter Sucks, Part 2 ...yeah it really does suck!

After the ice storm in the central U.S. my house went 24 1/2 hours without any electricity and heat. Damn it was cold in the house, and I ended up having to wear my winter hat, coat, and gloves while inside the house to stay warm.

I think the final conclusion if one could say is "I've outgrown winter." ;)

Is this the result of an ice storm?

geneve.jpg.xs.jpg

Never experienced one, thankfully, but I still hate winter.

Roll on the spring.

:)

• Moderators
Is this the result of an ice storm?

<a href="http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs512&d=07091&f=geneve.jpg" target="_blank">geneve.jpg.xs.jpg</a>

Never experienced one, thankfully, but I still hate winter.

That's pretty much it. Thankfully however it never got to that extent in Iowa where I live - we basically had downed tree limbs but the biggest problem was the loss of electricity which means for most people no heat - unless they're lucky enough to have a wood burning fireplace. That s**t in that pic looks damn thick!

I want to live somewhere that has spring all year round.

lol, you all should move to either Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia, pick the right area and winter barely exists :lol:

Though by the end of this week,I'll be visiting Columbus, Ohio for ~12 days and will get to feel cold again, :lol: brrrrrrr :) leaving lovely warm Queensland behind..... then I'll appreciate the heat here much more when I get back :D

fireryone

i LOVE winter! I like it because those of you who are cold can pile on layers. But during the summer if you get hot, theres not really much you can do about it! well, it's pretty cold here. It's 58?, and that's in our house! LOL

Hasn't got too cold here in North Carolina lately. It went down to the 20's weeks ago. I like both winter and summer.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators
you all should move to either Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia, pick the right area and winter barely exists :lol:

Sounds rather inviting. Although your country has a tidbit too many venomous creatures (snakes and spiders) for my taste, thanks to Steve Irwin for educating us all on that. I complain about the cold here the U.S., and in no time I'd be complaining about the heat and venomous creatures in Australia. :lol:

• Moderators
Sounds rather inviting. Although your country has a tidbit too many venomous creatures (snakes and spiders) for my taste, thanks to Steve Irwin for educating us all on that. I complain about the cold here the U.S., and in no time I'd be complaining about the heat and venomous creatures in Australia. :lol:

You mean something like this: :)

Hey,Dennis, You made me do a sitting high jump there. I think I beat my previous record by at least 3.75 inches. :lol:

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

I think you and me would have to leave these wet and windy shores for that.

Fingers crossed for those 6 numbers one of these Saturdays.

:)

Hell, yeah.

I don't know where I would want to move to though because I don't like the heat either.

i LOVE winter! I like it because those of you who are cold can pile on layers. But during the summer if you get hot, theres not really much you can do about it! well, it's pretty cold here. It's 58?, and that's in our house! LOL

That's true, but I hate piling on the layers. it makes me feel too restricted.

Damn, the little spiders that we get over here are bad enough, that thing would make me die.

That's true, but I hate piling on the layers. it makes me feel too restricted.

I totally recognize that :lol: . Though I must say I would appreciate a real winter. Currently I wouldn't know whether it's still autumn or already spring ...

Ceci n'est pas une signature