One-click Operation

tonyblenk

I would like to see a 1-click button to carry out routine tasks.

This would perform the Windows & Applications cleaning function AND Issues task without having to press 3 buttons!

Sorry, i don't agree :unsure:

Usually i run CCleaner from the Recycle Bin right menu (that means 2 clicks only), but regarding the

issue section IMO is better if user can always take a look about what is to be deleted, saving (or not

saving, at his risk) a backup.

:)

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, i don't agree :unsure:

Usually i run CCleaner from the Recycle Bin right menu (that means 2 clicks only), but regarding the

issue section IMO is better if user can always take a look about what is to be deleted, saving (or not

saving, at his risk) a backup.

:)

Chiming in as pro-one-click. Not interested in reviewing what is about to be deleted and annoyed by so many clicks needed to make the CCleaner do its thing. Disagree-ers need not use a one-click button!

Actually, I enrolled in this forum specifically to ask for something that doesn't involve running the Issues function. What I'd want is a method of creating a desktop shortcut that would be, essentially, the equivalent of the current "Run CCleaner" context menu entry already available for the Recycle Bin except not restricted placement in that context menu. Or I'm suggesting that such a shortcut be offered the next version.

Hello pixel :)

Have you had a read here of the command line parameters?

http://www.internetrotsyourbrain.com/ccleanerbeginnersguide/

Works. Totally!

Here's the material I found where you pointed me:

This is the parameter to use in shortcuts, batch files, or in Task Scheduler (including the quotes) (three examples included):

"C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /AUTO

"%ProgramFiles%\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /AUTO

"C:\Progra~1\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /AUTO

and then I created a New --> Shortcut on my desktop using the first example provided as its command line. The process even pulled up the proper icon all by itself (less work for Pixelwizard).

Thanks so much for the instruction, Hazelnut.

Uhm... IMHO in that way you can run only the Cleaner, not the Issues scan/fix.

:unsure:

No but it answers the question that Hazelnut was actually replying to:

Actually, I enrolled in this forum specifically to ask for something that doesn't involve running the Issues function. What I'd want is a method of creating a desktop shortcut that would be, essentially, the equivalent of the current "Run CCleaner" context menu entry already available for the Recycle Bin except not restricted placement in that context menu.

I doubt CCleaner will ever have a one click issues cleaner as it just goes against the concept of a safe cleaner having people cleaning reg entries without even reviewing them. I certainly wouldn't use it.