Google.com Redirecting to google.nl

chrism

It could be the result of you having downloaded the Dutch version of the Google toolbar.

International (English) version is downloadable here: toolbar.google.com

Nederlands (Dutch) version is downloadable here: toolbar.google.com/intl/nl/

Its really wierd. I ran several malware/spyware/torjan scans.

I dont have anything Netherlands. I have no connection to it at all.

The toolbar is still in regular english. its like google redirected itself to the netherlands page or something

Heres the Log file

I cant read "Nederland" language so I have to go to google.co.uk to read anything now

thank you for this help, its the strangest thing ever, i've never had anything like this happen before

This might be something too

Its like its on my whole IP or network thing. Not only does it do it on my account on this computer but on the other account too.

And even on my wireless laptop which has nothing to do with the computer I found this google.nl on and the laptop beend recently reformated and I only use my laptop for the internet and browsing.

If I type google.com in my browser everytime it redirects to google.nl

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1

Scan saved at 1:07:34 PM, on 2/25/2007

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\WgaTray.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\~\Local Settings\Application Data\Trend Micro\HCMS\tsafe\en-US\tgui.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\~\Local Settings\Application Data\Trend Micro\HCMS\tsafe\en-US\tgsvc.exe

C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe

C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\~\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://google.com/

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll

O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll

O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Save to &Xdrive - res://C:\Program Files\Xdrive\Xdrive Desktop\xdrive.exe/std.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)

O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL

O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL

O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - WRLogonNTF.dll (file missing)

O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE

O23 - Service: Panda Process Protection Service (PavPrSrv) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe

O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe

O23 - Service: SystemSuite Task Manager - V Communications, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\VCOM\SYSTEM~1\MXTask.exe

I had to set my homepage to google.com/web.php? UTF=8 or something like that.

But the oddest thing happened. I didnt touch anything at all. I typed in google.com and it went their on both of my computers.

On my laptop it is the barest of bare with programs. It doesnt have google toolbar on it so I dont know what could make it change to google.nl. I use Opera on it and not IE, it that makes a difference with google redirecting.

So its now back to normal. It just did it automatically like google was spying on me and then they changed it back.

Dont know what did it, I just woke up and turned the PC on and typed in google.com and it goes to the US page.

I had to set my homepage to google.com/web.php? UTF=8 or something like that.

But the oddest thing happened. I didnt touch anything at all. I typed in google.com and it went their on both of my computers.

On my laptop it is the barest of bare with programs. It doesnt have google toolbar on it so I dont know what could make it change to google.nl. I use Opera on it and not IE, it that makes a difference with google redirecting.

So its now back to normal. It just did it automatically like google was spying on me and then they changed it back.

Dont know what did it, I just woke up and turned the PC on and typed in google.com and it goes to the US page.

If it makes you feel any better, I had the same thing happen to me. I have 2 internet connections one is a buisiness class the other is just Road Runner. If i Switch to RR it works fine when i type in www.google.com but switch back to buisiness class and it goes to google.nl at this point my hunch is DNS issue but I have not had a chance to try a diffent DNS server, Business and regular Road Runner use diffent DNS servers...

I also found this on another board.

Re: IE 7 Google address - Vanguard

25-Feb-07 11:01:39

It's called load-balancing of their worldwide network. You get their

regional boundary server based on from where you connect. Obviously one

host, regardless of which OS you use, could not handle the millions of

concurrent connect requests that would hit it from all over the planet.

If you desparately need their US boundary server, find a public proxy in

the US and connect to Google from there (but realize that public, or

private, proxies can sniff all your traffic just as can your ISP).

However, right on their google.nl page is a "Google.com in English" link

if you don't speak the native language, so use that URL instead.

It could also be related to which country setting you have:

Open:

Control Panel/Regional and Language Options

or Run:

Start / Run intl.cpl

Double check the settings.

// yes I am still here, had to postpone my trip. \\

fireryone