Firefox 2.0.0.2 released

Sputnik

The release notes have now been released as well:

What's New in Firefox 2.0.0.2

• Release Date: February 23, 2007
  • Security Update: The following list of security issues have been fixed.
  • Windows Vista Support: Many enhancements and fixes for Windows Vista are included along with the following caveats.
  • New Languages: Beta releases for several new languages are now available for testing.
  • Permissions Bug Fixed: In the German (de) locale on Windows and Linux, resolved a problem with certain files tagged as read-only.

Ceci n'est pas une signature

I'm waiting for them to include it in the auto updater, which I wish they'd do from the get go.

Exactly! That's what I was just thinking. The auto updater is much easier than uninstalling, downloading, and reinstalling the software. I'll never understand why they can't activate the automatic service when the update is first released.

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

Let us know how 2.0.0.2 is running stability wise (I've still not upgraded to FF2 and have been waiting till it'd had a couple of updates to iron out any possible bugs)

FF2 has been totally stable with me from day 1. It's also faster than 1.5.

The only thing I don't like about FF2 is the default theme. Fortunately you can use an extension which makes FF2 look exactly like 1.5.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3479/

Go for it!

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Same here. Many have not been as fortunate though.

Yes, but don't forget that 10s of millions of people use FF2. There are bound to be some users who experience problems. I suspect however that most people are more than happy with it, as you and I are. :)

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Yes, but don't forget that 10s of millions of people use FF2. There are bound to be some users who experience problems. I suspect however that most people are more than happy with it, as you and I are. :)

I agree. When I made my comment I was thinking about the people on this forum that are having issues with Firefox 2. Look at this recent thread. http://forum.CCleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=9077

Well I spoke too soon looks like. I just tried to install some themes and keep getting an error message. It says it can't download the file from the site and the error is -228. I read what causes this from the knowledge base but none of the fixes are working. Everything else seems OK though.

• Moderators
I agree. When I made my comment I was thinking about the people on this forum that are having issues with Firefox 2. Look at this recent thread. http://forum.CCleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=9077

Been running with Firefox.2.0.0.2 now for a few days.

Have the same theme and seven extensions I was using on Firefox.2.0.0.1, and running with no problems.

:)

Been running with Firefox.2.0.0.2 now for a few days.

Have the same theme and seven extensions I was using on Firefox.2.0.0.1, and running with no problems.

So was I until I tried to install a new theme. Try installing a theme from the addon site and see if it works for you. There are several threads on the Firefox forum about this problem. Many have had this issue since the last update.

• Moderators

Here`s a pic of my theme Anthony.

Metal Lion, Brushed Ice:

Tried one or two, no problem, although I have found a few extensions that wouldn`t work.

Try this theme, just as a test, as you know it works. I should imagine there`s a few themes that aren`t yet compatible with Firefox.2.0.0.2.

Maybe you`ve just been unlucky.

Hope this helps.

Direct link.

• Moderators
Wow, I had forgot that this forum has ad's, you not going to give Adblock a try DennisD?

Never imagined the forum without the ad.

Ive got Flashblock running, which doesn`t cause any probs with pages, and I thought adblock occasionally did?

I`ll give it a try, although it seems like sacrilege to blank the forums ad. :P

Here`s a pic of my theme Anthony.

Metal Lion, Brushed Ice:

Tried one or two, no problem, although I have found a few extensions that wouldn`t work.

Try this theme, just as a test, as you know it works. I should imagine there`s a few themes that aren`t yet compatible with Firefox.2.0.0.2.

Maybe you`ve just been unlucky.

Hope this helps.

Direct link.

I already have that theme installed. :P I like Mac themes. I started a thread over at the FX forums and there seems to be many people having the issue. They seem to think it might be a Addon site problem. Apparently it happened before.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=525333

Did you just install that theme or was it already installed? I have no problems with my currently installed 9 themes I just can't download anymore.