Windows Vista 32bit Ultimate - CCleaner and Cookies

thecaretaker

I am having real problems with cookies not showing up in the list. Well, not those like forums that I'd like to keep. Without seeing them in the list I can't add them to the save side.

I do see cookies in there, but just all the ads etc

It's almost as though IE7 on Vista is saving the cookies I click 'stay logged into' in another area. Yet, when I run CCleaner, they do show up in the cleaning list. Which is annoying as I have to keep re-logging in to all these sites.

Any idea if this is a known fault with CCleaner or can I do anything to change this behaviour?

It's a new clean install of Vista not an upgrade.

Looking at those cookies that are not showing up but are in the list to be cleared, they are being stored in:

C:\Users\my username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\low\cookie name

Is this different to where CCleaner looks to show cookies under the cookies section?

Yes. Big list in "C:\Users\my username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\low\cookie name[/b]"

But they don't show up in CCleaner so I can save the ones I want and then allow CCleaner to delete all cookies but hose saved. So for now I have to leave cookies unchecked inCCleaner or lose all my cookies including the ones I want to save for user ID and password sites.

I'm om a new comuter with Vista Basic and IE7. I didn't have this problem on the old computer with XP and IE6

• 3 weeks later...

I have/had the same problem. On xp and previous sytems I simply kept the cookies I wanted in the right pane of CCleaner. I could run it, clear all cookies and internet rubbish but still be remembered at the sites I wanted. I have just downloaded 1.38.485 and that seems to work better.

Secondly, when I look in internet options, view files, there is very little there now. On other systems I could see everything and pick bits out. The only way I can see them all now is to run analyze in CCleaner, it shows where they are as above but I cannot access the file myself. I can get partway there but then no option to locate to the exact location. Therefore cannot pickout any vids etc from Youtube for example.

C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\XXXXXX@google[2].txt 131 bytes

Looks like above (x substitutes other info)

Also comes up with Low at the end on some as in the example above?

Is there a way to get to where the cookes or internet rubbish is stored before it is deleted?

Sorry, maybe this should have been posted in the Cookes thread.