Bug reporting

MrG

The bug exists in the newest version as well... (see below)

ccleaner3dl6.th.png

I'm not so familiar with english language, but really can't understand how this

may be considered a bug. There are two strings in headers:

"xxMB to be removed"

and

"Note: No files have been deleted yet"

:)

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

I'm not so familiar with english language, but really can't understand how this

may be considered a bug. There are two strings in headers:

"xxMB to be removed"

and

"Note: No files have been deleted yet"

:)

In English, when you say something is "to be" done, it has not happened yet. It will happen in the future.

When you say "to be removed," nothing has been removed yet, but something may be removed in the future.

When you click "Analyze," it says "... to be removed," but it says "Removed Cookie: [ address ]." In that context, the cookie has already been removed, when nothing has happened yet.

That is the bug.

In English, when you say something is "to be" done, it has not happened yet. It will happen in the future.

When you say "to be removed," nothing has been removed yet, but something may be removed in the future.

When you click "Analyze," it says "... to be removed," but it says "Removed Cookie: [ address ]." In that context, the cookie has already been removed, when nothing has happened yet.

That is the bug.

Same thing as well in italian language.

But in my opinion is very difficult misunderstand what's happening, since:

1) The user knows that has pressed the "Analyze" button (and not the Run one)

2) There is a warning that says "xxMB **to be** removed"

3) There is another note that says "Nothing has been removed yet".

IMO is enough for avoid any misunderstanding :-)

I understand perfecly what you mean, but since the two processes, Analize and Run,

are using i suppose the same "routine", i think would be a complication for developers

give future and past to the word "remove".

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

I understand perfecly what you mean, but since the two processes, Analize and Run,

are using i suppose the same "routine", i think would be a complication for developers

give future and past to the word "remove".

The point is, Whiteshark, that it is currently a complication for me, albeit a very small one, but one nonetheless.

I'm sure all bugs are complications for developers. That's why they're developers, so they can fix problems =)

• 1 month later...

well, new version again, alright cool. i have to tell that i'm using CCleaner since like late 1.2x versions, and have never had a problem with it...until now. With CCleaner 1.39.502 under Vista Enterprise x64 (6.0.6000), it's one thing that CCleaner still won't recognize Vista properly, just as "MS Windows 64 bit" (thought it's quite a nuance to be fixed in this next release, but maybe I was wrong?); but every second time i click on "run cleaner" after an analysis, the prog simply exits instead of starting to clean. :huh::blink: Anyone else having this problem, or is it just me? :mellow: Just thought I'd let you guys know, so you can look into it...

well, new version again, alright cool. i have to tell that i'm using CCleaner since like late 1.2x versions, and have never had a problem with it...until now. With CCleaner 1.39.502 under Vista Enterprise x64 (6.0.6000), it's one thing that CCleaner still won't recognize Vista properly, just as "MS Windows 64 bit" (thought it's quite a nuance to be fixed in this next release, but maybe I was wrong?); but every second time i click on "run cleaner" after an analysis, the prog simply exits instead of starting to clean. :huh::blink: Anyone else having this problem, or is it just me? :mellow: Just thought I'd let you guys know, so you can look into it...

I'm having the same issues. I just installed 1.39 a few minutes ago. Have also used CCleaner for a long time without any major problems until today.

When I scan for issues it runs fine but when I "run cleaner" it shuts down, plus it disconnects my internet connection. Any suggestions?

I downloaded and installed the basic version. No google toolbar.

Someone els problems with SECURE FILE DELETION?

If i chek secure deletion, CCleaner close automaticly.(crash)

Normal file deletion works fine.

Windows XP Pro.

CCleaner v 1.39.502

Sorry for my bad English.

• 4 weeks later...
Someone els problems with SECURE FILE DELETION?

If i chek secure deletion, CCleaner close automaticly.(crash)

Normal file deletion works fine.

Windows XP Pro.

CCleaner v 1.39.502

Sorry for my bad English.

i there,

have exactly the same problem since version 1.39. If i choose "Secure Delete" CCleaner chrashes. With v1.38 everythings fine. I use Windows XPpro. Would be fine, if there is a solution.

Stephan

Download the newest version (released today): http://www.CCleaner.com/download/builds.aspx

This 1.40 is the same version i tried before. As i said, got the prob since version 1.39. I tried the 1.40 5min ago again and the prob is the same. Maybe it has to do with "custom files to delete and folders to empty". Because, when i use CCleaner just a few minutes after clothing firefox it works without crashing. But when there is more "crap" to erase CCleaner crashes during cleaning.

Don?t know. But i will test this. thx for repley :rolleyes:

Stephan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Not sure if this is a bug really, but still reporting you. Well, CCleaner seems to show the total size of deleted files incorrectly, when clicking an "analyze" button and "run cleaner" button afterwards. The results are just different. After analyzing CCleaner shows one value, while after cleaning it shows another. And the second values is often much bigger than the first one.

This "bug" doesn't seem dangerous, rather an annoying one. It's just all about not knowing how much space will be freed exactly after the cleaning, 'cause the analyze functions works with some kind of faults.

Hope, you'll fix it in the further versions of CCleaner, 'cause your proggy is just wonderful!

Respect!

p.s.: I'm using Windows Vista Home Basic RUSSIAN (build 6000), Intel Core 2 Duo, GeForce 7950 GT, etc.

Hi,

My CC v.1.40.520 did'nt clean AVG 7 Free $history folder. The box in Cleaner/Application/Utilities/AVG7 is checked.

I discovered wrong path for $history folder in winapp.ini:

FileKey3=%allusersprofile%\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\$history|*.*

The right path is:

FileKey3=%allusersprofile%\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7upd\$history|*.*

It works.

Thanks for your attention.

Hello!

Not sure if this is a bug really, but still reporting you. Well, CCleaner seems to show the total size of deleted files incorrectly, when clicking an "analyze" button and "run cleaner" button afterwards. The results are just different. After analyzing CCleaner shows one value, while after cleaning it shows another. And the second values is often much bigger than the first one.

This "bug" doesn't seem dangerous, rather an annoying one. It's just all about not knowing how much space will be freed exactly after the cleaning, 'cause the analyze functions works with some kind of faults.

Hope, you'll fix it in the further versions of CCleaner, 'cause your proggy is just wonderful!

Respect!

p.s.: I'm using Windows Vista Home Basic RUSSIAN (build 6000), Intel Core 2 Duo, GeForce 7950 GT, etc.

I'm experiencing a similar problem. For example, right before I came to this forum, I had CCleaner do a run:

To Be Removed: 51.4MB

Removed: 814.5MB

I've also noticed that during "Analyze", CCleaner is not(?) doing an analysis of the custom folders I have set up for deletion. However, in the few folders I do have set up, there was not 750MB of data (for the previous example).

I am using CCleaner 1.40.520 and WindowsXP Home.

Ihave CCleaner set up to do a 7-Pass secure file deletion.

As far as checkboxes go, I have the "default" boxes that are established when CCleaner is installed, and I also have "Custom Files and Folders" checked.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just downloaded latest version from File Hippo V.1.41.544 and run a test on the 'Cleaner' settings. I run Cleaner and it runs for around 2/3 seconds and then shuts down having done nothing. Analyzer runs and finds problems. Cleans them.

Run issues and all is ok,( except it took perhaps 5 passes to get shot of all problems.)

Running before was all AOK.

System is XP on a AMD Duron XP2400+ 512Mb ram.

Just checked agin after restarting system JUST in case, still same, checks for problems, even prompts me to close Firefox. I run the cleaner and bar gets to around 40% and drops out?

Didn't find a Bug reporting thread for "v2.00.475 (BETA)" so I'm posting in here...if it needs to be moved to another thread, (moderators) please move this post to it's proper place.

Bug that I've noticed is that always when I run CCleaner, it somehow wipes out all the definition files from Avira AntiVir Personal Classic Edition. After a reboot, I have to run the update for my anti-virus program to keep it updated. I believe it always updates 22files from the Avira update server. Is there a solution to this other than removing the check mark from the Utilities section? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Mahalos in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Just downloaded latest version from File Hippo V.1.41.544 and run a test on the 'Cleaner' settings. I run Cleaner and it runs for around 2/3 seconds and then shuts down having done nothing. Analyzer runs and finds problems. Cleans them.

Run issues and all is ok,( except it took perhaps 5 passes to get shot of all problems.)

Running before was all AOK.

System is XP on a AMD Duron XP2400+ 512Mb ram.

Just checked agin after restarting system JUST in case, still same, checks for problems, even prompts me to close Firefox. I run the cleaner and bar gets to around 40% and drops out?

C'mon guys!! Still trying to fix this and no feedback yet?? STILL crashing out and just wondering what best to do????

• 2 weeks later...