Bug reporting

MrG

Im pretty sure theres no way for Ccleaner to delete drivers.

This may or may not work:

1. Right click My Computer and select Properties

2. Then go into Hardware->Device Manager

3. Scroll down to 'Mice and other pointing devices' and then right click it and select Scan For hardware changes.

3a. If there's no hardware changes you can optionally open each sub-component by right clicking them and selecting Properties to see if the devices are functioning correctly. You can also check for updates.

3b. If the devices are functioning properly and if there's no updates some of the sub-components can be temporarily uninstalled via right clicking them and selecting Uninstall, then reboot Windows and it will auto-detect all the hardware again and "perhaps fix it."

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes, when you choose the "Run CC" on the bin, it will take away all the URL's that were saved. Even if you have unchecked the "Recently Typed URLs" box.

Is this a bug? Or is it meant to behave like this?

It can grow quite annoying after some time. When you surf on a daily basis, and it just takes away all the saved URLs so you're forced to retype all of them. The bug does NOT occure all the time. It will surface when you press "Run CC" twice ot more sometimes, or once. It seems random though.

Since IE7 beta install, I'm loosing all my website prefs when CCleaner runs.

IE website prefs are stored into cookies and I do have a list of cookies CCleaner must keep.

Nevertheless when CCleaner runs I need to save again settings (ccokies).

Example? Google prefs.

• 3 weeks later...

I have done what you ask...in de-selecting options for cleaning. It doesnt matter if you choose one or all or none at all....after hitting the run cleaner. It just shuts down... I have re-downloaded the newest ver and installed... Same situtation

i installed the runtime and rebooted and ran the cleaner ...But it dos the samething.

Runs thens exits...when it starts to do the cleaning...And no errors.. just disapears.

Thank you for your help.

You haven't got the 'Close program after cleaning' option ticked have you? (Options>Advanced)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

In order to help diagnose problems, specifically if the program shuts down after pressing "Run Cleaner".

Can you select each of the options on the tree individually and then report which one it closes down on. This will speed up the release of any fixes.

:)

:angry: I purchased my new Computer in March 2006. I donated my $20.00 and was hoping this program would help me keep my system optimzed, i.e., running faster, delete unnescary files, prevent crashes. ie., the perfect computer. I have used this program since August 2006, and always back up my system with your restore points (whatever, can't remember the exact terminology, because I have spent the last week factory restoring and updating my system, after it totally crashed - totally exhaused now because I live in "The Sticks" and only have access to dial-up..)

Won't be installing this program on my computer again.

jsperfect12

IE7 cookie bug

I've finally trapped the problem: it appears to be related to index.dat deletion. To keep cookie data as in the exception list, don't delete index.dat.... probably in the new IE7 index.dat there must be some pointers to cookies; once you delete index.dat some broken links happen and even if cookies are there it's like they aren't.......until a fix is there,,,,,

IE7 cookie bug

I've finally trapped the problem: it appears to be related to index.dat deletion. To keep cookie data as in the exception list, don't delete index.dat.... probably in the new IE7 index.dat there must be some pointers to cookies; once you delete index.dat some broken links happen and even if cookies are there it's like they aren't.......until a fix is there,,,,,

I concur with your findings. Even though "Cookies" is unchecked/disabled in CCleaner, all cookies are deleted in IE7 and that it is most likely related to the "index.dat" file. If you look in "Internet Options", on the "General" tab, under "Browsing History", you will see that IE7 now includes "Cookies", "History", "Saved Passwords", etc. in it's own "Delete Files" utility.

Whether or not CCleaner will be able to be programmed to circumvent this and only delete selected items rather than the entire gamut in IE7 as it does now will be interesting to see.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new here and I tried the CCleaner to remove Norton's Drive Cleaner virus. The box that pops up still shows my computer still has the virus and it's a high risk one. My computer is still acting strange. I'm not very technologically inclined so I don't know what to do at this time. Norton's phone tech person said I could pay $69.95 to have them remove it but I don't want to pay all that money. Anyone have any good suggestions? :(

Gaia1

• 1 month later...

hey evri1

cud sum1 chk wahz apnin 2 ma system coz da system task pane in my folders has changed in color 4rm blue to green afta i ran ccleaner a couple of times.look @ the screen-shot to get wat im sayin

tanx tho,

abz

chek the attachment 2 gt wat im sayin

post-9280-1166423265_thumb.jpg

post-9280-1166423265_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Google Toolbar (for Firefox) is not being listed in CCleaner anymore. Using CCleaner 1.36.430, WinXP, FF 1.5.0.9, Google Toolbar 2.1.20060807W

I looked in CCleaners winapp.ini and it lists Google toolbar 4.0 and Google toolbar 1.1, neither of these match the current version of the toolbar which I assume is the problem.

• Moderators

CCleaner can no longer clean the new version of the Google Toolbar for Firefox, as now it's embedded in a required javascript file (which can not be deleted).

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

• 2 weeks later...
Hello six...pack :)

Did you make a backup of the registry as prompted to do so when you did your issues scan?

Hello, hazelnut,

Thanks for your reply.

No, I did not do a backup iof my registry. Why?

I checked the registry and CCleaner found only wrong 16 pathes.

I cleaned it without saving the registry key.

Now I want to restart my computer buit it did not shut down.

So I reinstalled a mirror of my operating system to get the old condition.

Then I did it again. After that I used a different registry cleaner and I found out that it works very very slowly.

I guess CCleaner still had access to my registry but in Task Manager it was closed.

After the second scan I was able to shut down (and restart) my computer.

• Moderators
Hello, hazelnut,

Thanks for your reply.

No, I did not do a backup iof my registry. Why?

When you do an Issues scan in CCleaner you will get a popup asking if you want to save a backup. If you say yes, this is saved by default in "my documents". You just go to the backup, right-click and choose merge, and all should be as it was before the Issues scan.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 3 weeks later...
When you do an Issues scan in CCleaner you will get a popup asking if you want to save a backup. If you say yes, this is saved by default in "my documents". You just go to the backup, right-click and choose merge, and all should be as it was before the Issues scan.

Sorry, for the delay coming back now.

I don't need to have a backup of my registry. I always have saved all files and I also do have a mirror of my hard drive disk.

The problem still occurs also with the latest version.

When I run Registry search without doing any revises and I close CCleaner I guess the registry is blocked by CCleaner.

When I now run a different registry Cleaner (tuneup utilities 2007) it works very slow.

When I shut down my computer after using CCleaner my computer won't shut down.

5 or 10 minutes later there is no problem.

Is it a problem with Win98SE ?