Bug reporting

MrG

Have just run the latest level of CCleaner on my XP pc, and now find all my audio / video files keep on stopping and starting. Mouse action is sometimes jerky as well. System cache set to "let system choose" as it always was....any ideas as this is driving me nuts!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Click Cleaner, select the Windows tab, and go down to the check boxes under Advanced. Try unchecking the Custom Files and Folders box.

Also, I think Windows only retains view settings for 400 folders, but I could be wrong.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Runtime error 6.

After upgrading to the latest version of ccleaner, I can no longer maximize to my fullscreen resolution of 2560x1024.

It will do the full vertical 1024, and will go all the way to 2167 before a runtime error 6 occurs. Basically it wont expand the last 393 pixels of my desktop.

It worked no problem in the previous version I had. Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

Yahoo Messenger execuatable is now:

2002-07-26 16:02:06.000 C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\UNWISE.EXE

2005-12-09 21:21:30.000 C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe

2005-12-09 21:21:30.000 C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\Ymsgr_tray.exe

2005-12-09 21:21:30.000 C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YServer.exe

2005-09-15 16:08:28.000 C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yupdater.exe

it's Yahoo Messenger with Voice....

krit86lr,

I found the combination that will make CCleaner make the boxes NOT appear. If you start in the Issues window let say under ?Unused File Extensions? and there are extensions that need to be removed, but you do NOT remove them, but uncheck the ?Unused File Extensions? box and then check let?s say ?Help Files? that comes up with ?No Issues Found?, Then you uncheck the ?Help Files? go back to ?Unused File Extensions? and recheck it?s box and click ?Scan for Issues? once again in the right side window in the Problems column the check boxes will NOT appear!! However, if I then close the Crap Cleaner program completely and reopen it, click on ?Issues? then check the box ?Unused File Extensions? then click ?Scan for Issues? the check boxes will reappear just as they should and did the first time. What breaks the boxes from appearing is a ?Issue Scanning Setting? that shows ?No Issues Were Found?. As soon as it displays ?No issues were Found? then from here on Crap Cleaner?s check boxes do not appear anymore until you close the program and reopen it!

Jeff (jlt50z)

Hey MrG! I'm posting this PM for you to read. Thanks! :)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I've found a bug or not. I'm using the "NSA" deletion type and have had no issues with the program executing ... correctly I think. However, in my search to clean my free space I downloaded a freeware program called "Restoration" from downloads.com

It does not appear that Restoration can actually restore the files to a usable state when I use CCleaner but, it does seem to find the names of all the files I deleted with CCleaner. Is there a setting in CCleaner that will remove the names from where ever this program (and I assume others) can find the names. This includes the recycle bin as well as all the temporary IE files.

I'm using V1.28.277 of CCleaner.

After running 1.28 my system behaves strange. I choose to clean all applications and issues.

When I restarted, I did not get assigned DHCP IP address as I normally do, well atleast not immediately.

And when I opened "Task Manager" then all services and programs had an empty "User Name" field.

I waited a minute or so, and then all services and programs had got the username they are supposed to have and I got an IP address too.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• 1 month later...

I have been using CCleaner for a long time. It seems "Remote Desktop" cache cleaning is not working in all versions including the latest 1.29.295. I see the last logged on computer name on the Computer text field. Please fix it. Thanks. Keep up the excellent work.

• 2 months later...

Every time I run CCleaner, it screws up my user shell registery file:

%USERPROFILE%\Recent

I know it's CCleaner b/c when I run it, the program I used to watch/program my system pops up asking me to allow or block change (it won't let me stop it b/c it keeps asking if I say no). It changes the registry value from expandable to regular string, making it where I can't uninstall/install any programs...so I have to go edit my registry every time and make a new expandable string for it and remove the changed one. This is getting rather annoying and making me not even want to use CCleaner (and I do like it!)

• Moderators

It says It can fix my registry issues, but everytime i scan, and clean, I get the same issues, it seems like it'll never end. It never fix's it. :(

Hello liki,

This may help you with your problem ( which is quite common so don't worry)

http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix_tips#CCleaner

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

It says It can fix my registry issues, but everytime i scan, and clean, I get the same issues, it seems like it'll never end. It never fix's it. :(

thanks, but i dont really get it

• 1 month later...