Bug reporting

MrG

The size is missing on the Brazilian version of the product. Se picture for details.

Hello Pedro,

This is a known problem.The only way around it right now would be to change the way you edit number totals.The bug occurs because of non-standard number formatting in Windows' "Regional and Language Options" ("comma" for decimal point) .

See this link.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showto...amp;#entry99170

Best wishes,

:) davey

Thanks for making your report. WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

by the way, why it works for processor info (see screenshot) and for RAM and file size not???

***confusing***

br,

twamuc

Hi twamuc,

You made it easy to diagnose when you thankfully said it was the Brazilian version of the product.

I don't know when it will be fixed.I am just another member like you.

Those numbers on the banner are just printed characters and not computed values that are edited.

Seems to me I remember reading about totals editing considerations when using Unicode being a problem.

Try checking the boxes at Options > Advanced for Show detailed listing for IE temporary files.

I don't think it will help in your case but see what happens anyway.

Good luck,

hi davey,

i was never talking about any brazilian version as i'm a german guy ;-)))

but anyway, i can tell you that german version has exactly the same issues.

for daily business i'm using english VISTA and with it of course english CCleaner.

your tip is nice, already red it somewhere else and tried it out straight away, but didn't help me out :-(

br & nice weekend,

twamuc

hi davey,

i was never talking about any brazilian version as i'm a german guy ;-)))

but anyway, i can tell you that german version has exactly the same issues.

for daily business i'm using english VISTA and with it of course english CCleaner.

your tip is nice, already red it somewhere else and tried it out straight away, but didn't help me out :-(

br & nice weekend,

twamuc

Didn't think it would but stranger things have happened.

Sorry I got you confused with the previous Poster.(Brazilian)

Good wishes to you as well,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi everyone,

In order to help diagnose problems, specifically if the program shuts down after pressing "Run Cleaner".

Can you select each of the options on the tree individually and then report which one it closes down on. This will speed up the release of any fixes.

:)

In the previous version of the software and now in this newest version I get the following unexpected error when I click on scan for issues:

The thread attempted to read from or write to a virtual address which it does not have the appropriate access.

CCleaner v2.10.618

MS Windows XP SP3

Intel Pentium M processor 2.00GHz

1.0GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5650

IT=2000

ID=-1

PR=Unused File Extension

DA=

RK=HKCR\

RU=2

CK=-2147483648

Has this occurred elsewhere, or is it specific to my machine?

I encounter a minor problem with CCleaner. When I open CCleaner, it works fine and all. However, when I minimize it to icon mode beside the clock, and upon restoring CCleaner back to the full window, CCleaner jams up even when it is not analyzing or deleting files.

A screenshot of the problem that I've encountered is attached together with this post.

Cheers

post-22235-1217698026_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

In order to help diagnose problems, specifically if the program shuts down after pressing "Run Cleaner".

Can you select each of the options on the tree individually and then report which one it closes down on. This will speed up the release of any fixes.

The program shuts down on all options after I press "Run cleaner" v2.10.618

And i have just updated to windows xp service pack 3.

• 4 weeks later...

I have latest version (2.11.636). but it doesn't detect adobe flash player and shockwave player in the applications tab.

shockwave player works both in IE and firefox. but flash player only works in firefox. I downloaded it from adobe site using firefox. Could CCleaner detects both plugin and activex?

I am using firefox 3.0.1 & flash 9.0.124 & shockwave 11 & vista ultimate 32 bit.

Welcome sonata

You need to install the winapp2.ini file that has additional application detections.

Please read:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=1110

For Flash problems please un-install it with this utility:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...rnalId=tn_14157

Run Secunia Software Inspector to check installed application vunerability:

http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• 1 month later...

:blink: Hi all,

I am having problem with run cleaner ever since I got newest version of CCleaner- - after it analyzes and I hit run cleaner it begins to work but then shuts down --I tried disabling java from the list but this did not work --

any suggesions appreciated

quote name='MrG' date='Nov 8 2004, 01:08 PM' post='13']

Hi everyone,

:blink: Hi all,

any suggesions appreciated

Hello cungy,

Welcome !!! :D

If you did any other maintenance to your PC, I would recommend a "reboot". This eliminates many problems. Since this is Patch Tuesday time of the month, I definitely recommend a REBOOT.

If you still have problems, then make sure that your Microsoft updates worked properly.

Last thing is to do as MrG recommends and try each option until you find out where the problem is occurring.

Good luck, :) davey

• 1 month later...

Hello... We had a consultant using one of our laptops, and they installed cc cleaner... I would like to remove, but when I try with add/remove programs, I get popup saying an error occurred while trying to remove cc cleaner (remove only), You dod not have access to E:\cccleaners\uninst.exe. You can specify the new uninstall program below... then there is a box labeled "command line for the uninstall program", with a browse button

I could use a little advice on how to unistall... I am sure the E: drive mentioned was the consultants zip drive or something

Thank you

Sorry for the false alarm, I found the uninstall program in the cc cleaner program directory... all is well...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm using ccleaner v2.15.815 under Windows XP.

I'm not sure but it seems to be a bug.

I wanted to delete some types of files in two folders and subfolders, so I add a ini file containing these lines

[Windows Temp Files]

LangSecRef=3004

FileKey1=X:\profile|*.tmp|RECURSE

FileKey2=%USERPROFILE%\|*.tmp|RECURSE

X: is a network letter

All tmp files in X:\profile are deleted but in %userprofile% all *.tmp files are deleted too but only in the folder, subfolders are not verified.

So all subfolders in %userprofile% containing *.tmp will not be cleaned even if the RECURSE option is in the line.

Does anyone have an idea about this.

It's easy to reproduce, could someone tell me if it works or not because on three computers here I have the same issue.

Many thanks.

Hi!

There is a mistype in the Hungarian language therefore athe shell integration do not work properly. In the setup the Shell integration begins with "A CCleaner", but in the Settings the "A" is missing, so this will duplicate both shell command.