Bug reporting

MrG

• Admin

Hi everyone,

In order to help diagnose problems, specifically if the program shuts down after pressing "Run Cleaner".

Can you select each of the options on the tree individually and then report which one it closes down on. This will speed up the release of any fixes.

:)

Hi everyone,

In order to help diagnose problems, specifically if the program shuts down after pressing "Run Cleaner".

Can you select each of the options on the tree individually and then report which one it closes down on. This will speed up the release of any fixes.

I've been having the "Run Cleaner" problem with the newest version. These are the items I have selected, pretty much the same ones I've used in every version. :)

ccleaner1.jpg

ccleaner2.jpg

edit: not entirely sure but I have a feeling it might be Java. When I de-selected it everything seemed ok. The program always closes when the Java console is running in the tray.

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this but here it goes.

The problem is CCleaner shuts down when I try to back up the issues prior to fixing them. I can run the cleaner with no probs but when I scan for issues and go to fix them it shuts down when I try to back them up.

I am running WinXP SP2 and my CCleaner version is 1.15.078.

I do not have the shut down problem when backing up issues with the previous version.

If you need a screen print please tell me how to do that as I do not know how to get a screen print.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Darla

I know this is a little problem...but maybe something to look at sometime.

When you right click to select all, for the issues scan, the item that you right click on is not selected.

I have seen this problem in all versions that i have used, even up to the newest 1.15.078.

Keep up the great work!!

If you need a screen print please tell me how to do that as I do not know how to get a screen print

to do a print screen, you need to find a button/key on your keyboard that say "print screen" or something similar. press it when you want to capture the current screen. then open up a image edition program (microsoft paint for example) and then paste it. save it.

hope this help.

--==aGumon==--

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, G.

The Japanese version was downloaded.

Although there was a report when there was a problem as which the character is not displayed correctly, it turns out that it is Japanese.

I am regretful. But, However, I think that this problem will improve in the future. I continue cooperation. from now on -- much .

It carries out powerful. For Japanese users.

Thanks. :D

• 1 month later...
Not sure if this is the proper place to post this but here it goes. 

The problem is CCleaner shuts down when I try to back up the issues prior to fixing them.  I can run the cleaner with no probs but when I scan for issues and go to fix them it shuts down when I try to back them up.

I am running WinXP SP2 and my CCleaner version is 1.15.078.

I do not have the shut down problem when backing up issues with the previous version.

If you need a screen print please tell me how to do that as I do not know how to get a screen print.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Darla

Same here, maybe is the same bug? :huh:

But when I try to search for issues again, select them all, and repair all them, It does OK... :unsure:

P.D: This is my first post! :) btw, CCleater is a excellent utility, I will recommend it in my webpage. Keep it freeware! ;)

After I run CCleaner when I exit somtimes this error comes up

CCleaner.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x7c910f29" refrenced memory at "0x65747379" . The memory could not be "read" .

Click OK to terminate the program

I've seen spyware/adware/malware cause this, even viruses. Bad memory can be a cause as well.

Try and download this. It's an awesome freeware pc maintenance package.

Refer to this page for the settings and instructions.

PM me with questions that you might encounter.

I'm using CCleaner v1.17.90 on Win XP Pro sp2

It fails for me when I check Windows Explorer/Recent Documents. Any other combinations of check marks works fine.

Other than that, I like the program.

Hope this helps.

1.17 seems to have a few bugs :mellow: ? If anyone wants I can e-mail them the last version, 1.16

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

Never used a forum post before, so please excuse if this format is wrong in replying. and apologoes for the long post. :(

I am using CCleaner v.1.17.090 and after a lot of testing found out that the combination that causes CCleaner to shutdown, not clean the selected items, or remember selection changes, occurs when BOTH Autocomplete Form History and Recent Document History are selected. All other item selections/combinations are irrelevant. If these items were not both selected and then you select both, if you then directly press the Run Cleaner button, you will find that it will work correctly (and continue to work correctly while you click on the Run Cleaner button, until you exit the program and then run CCleaner again, then it fails to work correctly and shuts down when clicking on the Run Cleaner button.

Also if you find you have these two items selected and you deselect either one or even both of them and then click the Run Cleaner button, the programs shuts down and loses your selection changes you made prior to pressing this button.

To effect the change you need to deselect either one or both of the above mention items (and make any other changes you desire), and then press the Exit button. This then correctly saves the changes you have made, thus ensuring that both Autocomplete Form History and Recent Document History are NOT simultaneously selected, which then ensure correct operation of CCleaner, instead of it just shutting down and doing nothing and forgetting any item selection changes.

Making Option changes does get remembered correctly even if the program subsequently closes when pressing the Run Cleaner button.

Here endeth the info. :D

Hope this helps in quickly fixing this bug.

Many thanks for a great program.

Could you include a shredder option to specify the byte/bytes data that you want to overwrite the deleted files with, and the number of shred times you want to repeat doing this. Also include a random key generator option, where you just specify the number of bytes length and number of shreds, for all the really paranoid users out there. :D

Joe

Hi guys!

Great program. Well, ok, it would be if it worked.

Here's the thing. Latest version CCleaner, XP Home, SP2, have deselected every tick box that can be cleaned, hit Run Cleaner and poof, it vanishes.

I have tried to deselect things, exit and try again, same thing happens. I have rebooted, tried again, same thing happens. I am only posting this as it seems to be a new wrinkle- instead of deselecting a couple of items I deselected all, and still have this "bug". I'll keep trying , as I'm sure we all will. These things work out eventually. But when it's sorted out, this app will be the second most used on my machine!

Take care all!

• 1 month later...

Hi posted in bugs a few minutes back on "not emptying trash and temps".

After reading about CC shutdowns I now wish I'd posted here first (I hate writing).

I did notice recently CC would close it's window without a visible error, even though close after clean was not selected... so I just went in and unchecked the Index.dat and Autcomplete and hit run. Presto! It didn't close on me and my trash was emptied.

I hope this helps..

• Moderators

I think this would classify as a bug. The categories get out of order when adding entires in winapp2.ini.

Added

[Downloaded Installations]

LangSecRef=3025

DetectFile=%windir%\Downloaded Installations

Default=True

FileKey1=%windir%\Downloaded Installations|*.*

The Windows category is now second. See screenshot.

ccbug.jpg

UPDATE: FIXED IN NEXT RELEASE.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

• Moderators

CCleaner not cleaning correctly.

[Current User Temp]

LangSecRef=3025

DetectFile=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temp

Default=True

FileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temp|*.*

It won't delete any folders in that folder. Can you have it to delete everything in that folder? (Except for files in use of course).

UPDATE: NOT A BUG, IT'S A SETTING IN OPTIONS.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

Experiencing some sudden shutdown. Believe I've used this version before without problems but now -- when starting -- if I choose Run Cleaner right away it'll shutdown before finishing. If I instead click one or options off and then on again, it works fine. Very weird.

Using version 1.18.101. XP SP2. Analyze works fine.

Edit: What I've found is this: When 'Autocomplete from History' is enabled it crashes. And by crashes I mean it close without finishing the cleanup and without saving settings. No error/popup is shown.

CCleaner not cleaning correctly.

[Current User Temp]

LangSecRef=3025

DetectFile=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temp

Default=True

FileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temp|*.*

It will delete any folders in that folder. Can you have it to delete everything in that folder? (Except for files in use of course).

BTW -- for this, MrG added a comment ;)

http://forum.CCleaner.com/index.php?showto...5683entry5683