PopwerShadow2

Humpty

Choose to boot into windows open Powershadows GUI and untick the startup options menu to not show.

Reboot to make sure the options are disabled and then see if you can go into shadowmode from within windows.

Other than that you could try an uninstall - reinstall.

Or you could try the link below for version 2.8.2 but you need to follow the readme.txt within the zip to overwrite with the english version.

Really hope you can get it up and running as it is a fine app when running correctly.

PS 2.8.2 link?

Also have a look at some of the posts numbered 36 onwards from below where a poster sorted a similar prob.

Wilders link

After browsing in the forums, this is the message what the window ps is showing "error code : 82f37128". I can't access the GUI also because that error thing shows when I try to open the GUI. I used the error-checking, cleaning up of temp files and others (using CCleaner of course), defrag, disable Anti-virus (I also disconnected my pc to the internet for security reasons), reinstall and that error still shows up everytime I attempt to boot into single shadow.

May have figured the problem. I rebooted into shadow-mode and got "error code : 82f37128." When opening PS I noticed it was trial version. Had to re-enter code and re-boot TWICE before PowerShadow remembered registration. Re-booted again just to make sure. Must be getting late (LOFL) 'cause I can't figure if I registered differently each time

Wilders again

I can't even open PS. Every time I try to access it will show the error code I posted a while ago. The ones in the wilders is a bit similar but mine is a bit worse. The person there can access ps while mine can't. The only thing that works is the uninstall shortcut ;)

Sweet Mercy! 2.8.2 worked on me! I can actually feel my heart beating really hard because I though I had only 0.001% chance of working and of course 99.999% of an error showing. Now I can install any security software I want, without actually installing in the real system. Thanks a lot Humpty! Now I can ditch my AV and use PS+sandboxie+mvps host file+spyware blaster+avg as (on demand scanner, for tracking cookies :lol:)+comodo firewall+BOClean+SSM Free. Now I can rest safe and sound.

Sweet Mercy! 2.8.2 worked on me! . . . Thanks a lot Humpty! . . .

:lol: Same way I felt when it worked.

Not sure I would unload the security stuff just yet. . .

And also, if I understand correctly, you can't install anything which requires a reboot?

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Good news Tunerz. :)

With Sandboxie and Powershadow just take a bit of time to get used to them.

I have still used some apps that required a reboot such as Driver Magician within shadowmode.

Said no to a reboot and was still able to make a backup of my drivers which I saved to another partition.

On reboot there is no sign of Driver Magician but I still have the drivers backup folder.

As I don't run any realtime or on demand virus scanners I do run a free online scan with Kasperky every now and then in shadowmode for a checkup.

Well, a reinstall fixes most problems. I'll try experimenting in making ps portable :blink:

Ok I changed my mind. I'll just hide the Add/Remove entry then. :P