IE 7 Tweak Utility 1.0

TwistedMetal

• Moderators

IE 7 Tweak Utility allows you change tweak settings within Internet Explorer 7. Hide/Remove the search bar, command buttons, or the main menu.

I like it because you can force the Menu Bar at the top, like the good ole IE6. :)

Download: IE 7 Tweak Utility 1.0

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

• Moderators

I`ve just recently acquired an add on for Firefox from one of rridgelys posts.

"Restart Firefox". Really useful for trying out or getting rid of new extensions or themes. From pressing the button, it took only 4 seconds to close 3 tabs and reload them.

A similar button on IE7 would work hand in hand with that Tweak Utility, (which looks tidy), because you have to restart it after making a change.

And before anyone slaps me round the head and says it`s already got one, I`ve just looked through 216 add ons for IE7 here:

http://www.ieaddons.com/default.aspx?cid=2&scid=69 ,

and I can`t find one.

There are dozens of different toolbars available, but I aint looking through them.

Regards

• Moderators

I know I'm crazy(or picky?) but having the menu bar load up and just jump to the top of the screen everytime I open the browser is annoying. I do like it once its there but I wish it didn't just appear after the browser loads. (like I said, I'm crazy...)

What I wish is that someone would release an IE6 shell for IE7 that took out all of the new features. That way I could update peoples machines for security reasons and they wouldn't have to start using a new browser that they didn't like.

I just can't get used to IE7. I used it for a week when I found that pro add on and the interface and stuff is just to messed up. About the only thing I did like was the bookmark bar. I liked having it disappear after I clicked on the bookmarK I wanted. Currently I'm using opera which I've modified a bit to get what I want.

untitledtz8.th.jpg

• Moderators

Gave IE7 Pro a good run, but have to come back to Firefox.

I know there`s a thread somewhere about FF add ons, but while I`m here I`ll just mention two nice ones I`ve been using for some time with no problems.

Showcase: http://showcase.uworks.net/

Showcase provides a new way to manage your Firefox tabs and windows by showing them as thumbnails in a single window, tab or sidebar. Includes a find bar that will filter the thumbnails, and the capability to select the thumbnails in the same way you would select files in your system.

Cooliris: http://www.cooliris.com

Cooliris Previews is a free browser add-on that lets you preview links without clicking or leaving your current page. Now you can browse faster than ever!

Regards