Can't Remove Cookies Index.dat

Boatman

I'm using version 1.36.430 of CCleaner, WindowsXP and IE7. When I view the Analysis List, it never includes the cookies index.dat file as marked for deletion. Of course I have cookies checked in the Internet Explorer group. What gives? Anybody know?

As far as I am informed yet CCleaner still doesn`t fully support IE7.

http://forum.CCleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=7348

Is your OS and IE7 installed in the default order?

%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\ or is it %WINDIR%\IE7\ ?

Maybe CCleaners ini.* files need additional adaptation.

Oliver

If it is important for you to delete (not wipe) the Index.dat files out of your IE-System-Environment - do the following:

a. Open Notepad - Copy the follwing Data into it and save it as Purge.cmd into you Personal User Profile of C:/Documents and Settings/Your User Name/.

ECHO OFF

CLS

RD /S /Q "C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet files"

RD /S /Q "C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username\Cookies"

RD /S /Q "C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username\Local Settings\User Data\index.dat"

RD /S /Q "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Cookies\index.dat"

RD /S /Q "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat"

RD /S /Q "C:\Documents and Settings\Local Service\Cookies\index.dat"

RD /S /Q "%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UserData\index.dat"

RD /S /Q "%USERPROFILE%\Cookies"

Echo OFF

CLS

RD deletes listing

/S deletes all the sublists

/Q disables the confirmation dialogue so its automated

Check on Path-Adaptation of the above given Script and replace Your Username with Your Personal System Name - German System here, so pathes and names can vary...

b. Search for Autostart of All Users in going to C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Start Menu/Programs/Autostart - right click on an empty space and go to > "New" - choose > "Shortcut" - click on Browse and locate PURGE.CMD into your profile to make it Root for all Users after System Start-Up.

It?s still a damned reliable way to get rid of any sensitive content within those Index.dat files if you really need IEX.

Oliver