New Software Title

MrG

• Admin

It's been quite a few months in the works, but we've finally got a new software title ready for beta testing.

Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Windows Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players.

The website will be updated over the next few hours to enable the downloads so head over to:

www.recuva.com

There will also be a new forum here to discuss it and report any bugs.

Please note this is a beta version and not the final release, so some features have not yet been implemented.

:)

MrG

Hey I like it, easy to use, nice to look at and the comment section is helpfull, I havent seen this in other free recovery programs.

I think a serch function would be handy though,

IE. "Search within results" to narrow down to find the file you want to recover, supporting wild cards in the search would be good aswell.

Another must have item alongside CCleaner.

fireryone

Installed and worked well found and recovered a picture deleted weeks ago.

However, to be really usefull it will need a user friendly filter system ie: if I am looking .jpegs I wouldn't want to see all the other recoverable files. Also think there should be a command to obscure system files.

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

Mike, by using the scan button first, all files found are listed, then you just type in jpg, png or mp3 into the filter and only those type of files will then be shown.

Ok hadn't noticed that, but still think you should be able to Scan by extension. Perhaps its just me, but dont see why you have to do a complete scan first!

Ok hadn't noticed that, but still think you should be able to Scan by extension. Perhaps its just me, but dont see why you have to do a complete scan first!

See new Recuva forum

Does this have any features that aren't in every other free recovery program?

Also, I know its early for feature suggestions but, it would be great to have the ability to permanently erase files that are recoverable, either individually or as a whole.

Does this have any features that aren't in every other free recovery program?

Also, I know its early for feature suggestions but, it would be great to have the ability to permanently erase files that are recoverable, either individually or as a whole.

I'm sure it will come

Mike, by using the scan button first, all files found are listed, then you just type in jpg, png or mp3 into the filter and only those type of files will then be shown.

can't believe I missed that, lol :lol:

fireryone

seems like it's going to be a very nice software.

I will frequently check the web site.

althrough I love CCleaner I have the same question als TheFiresInTheSky:

Is the totally recoded CCleaner version2 plan still active or did you stoped that project?

The internet is wonderfull, only the 90% of crap on it isn't!

I love CCleaner IPB Image

If you don't like me, don't look at me or speak with me!

Awesome, suggestion, I think you should add a link that says support forums or something like that on recuva.com

Will there be a seperate forum for recuva at recuva.com?

• Moderators

The Recuva website is still being worked on and as far as I know. No, Recuva will not have it's own separate forum. There is a plan to do something else, but it is undecided at the moment.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key