Clean Other Users

zitnok

Hi, I am new to CCleaner and the forum. I would like to clean the other user's from the administrator. I read the FAQ where it says "At the moment CCleaner supports cleaning the current user's account only. "

Can I do this through the Custom area of the cleaner?

I know how to locate some of the folders in Documents and Settings for other users but I am not sure of the correct paths for all the entries. And I don't want to mess anything up.

Can this be done and are the instructions available anywhere. I did search the forum and look through some of the posts but couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

John

Welcome to the forums john ;)

I wouldn't recommend doing it but it can be done for the majority of the files.

The easiest way would be to add custom folders but again, I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND IT!

In a couple of months, a Ccleaner v 2.0 will be released, re-designed from the ground up!

Hopefully this will allow cleaning multiple profiles but I can't say for sure..

The easiest way would be to add custom folders but again, I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND IT!

In a couple of months, a Ccleaner v 2.0 will be released, re-designed from the ground up!

Thanks very much for your reply and the expert advice. If you have the time, would you explain why it is dangerous to attempt such a thing using the Custom folders option

I read the post 'XP User Accounts' below, in which Alienfire asked if it is possible to clean an account from a limited user account. I didn't quite follow the replies but I was wondering -if another user has administrator privileges will CCleaner clean their own area?

Thanks again for your help,

John

Something similar I am wondering about, if I have multiple hard drives, some with partitions, can one

instance of ccleaner work across those drives and partitions?

Thanks

Something similar I am wondering about, if I have multiple hard drives, some with partitions, can one

instance of ccleaner work across those drives and partitions?

Ccleaner currently only works on the hard drive you have windows installed on and booted up to. (this is usually C drive)

usually theres nothing that needs to be cleaned on the other drives but im not sure how you have it set up.

Thanks very much for your reply and the expert advice. If you have the time, would you explain why it is dangerous to attempt such a thing using the Custom folders option

I read the post 'XP User Accounts' below, in which Alienfire asked if it is possible to clean an account from a limited user account. I didn't quite follow the replies but I was wondering -if another user has administrator privileges will CCleaner clean their own area?

Thanks again for your help,

John

Ccleaner only runs on the user account that its running on.

if another administrator runs it on their profile, it will clean just as it normally does.

i think it's dangerous because, if you want to delete windows logs in the windows folder and you add the windows folder to the custom clean list, it will wipe that whole folder right out.

if you used winapp2.ini to set restrictions on certain files such as (.txt), it will delete all the folders/files ending in .txt and some of those may be needed.

any more questions, feel free to reply ;)

-aaron