error 0xc0000006

res

sometimes they can become corrupt somehow, im not sure how.

did you get it fixed?

no :(:(

visual basic run/time redist pack

inf instant failure i/o operation aborted > thread exit or application request

have no idea what *** is it?

:o

• Moderators

no :(:(

visual basic run/time redist pack

inf instant failure i/o operation aborted > thread exit or application request

have no idea what *** is it?

:o

Hmm, since you're on WinXP I'd suggest you give Dial-a-fix (the link is listed below in my signature) a try to repair stuff as something sounds like it's broken in your system.

I agree with Andavari. I found some info about this error which points to a corrupted Services.exe file. Using Dial-a-fix go to Tools, and use the "sfc" function. Have your installation cd ready, this will replace any corrupted system files with fresh copies. That's what I would do first. :)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

I agree with Andavari. I found some info about this error which points to a corrupted Services.exe file. Using Dial-a-fix go to Tools, and use the "sfc" function. Have your installation cd ready, this will replace any corrupted system files with fresh copies. That's what I would do first. :)

Thanks tag team partner for giving the detailed instructions, I was feeling a tidbit lazy!

did it sfc purge and scan. did not ask me restart comp so i did not. but ccleaner give me the same error message. by the way two at time.

i realy love ccleaner what please hlp. :blink:

p.s. it started after i instaled avg antivirus can it be coincedence

tnx

Could you go to Control Panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer > Application Errors & System Errors

Look at the time of errors, and see if there were any errors listed when you received the oxoooooo6 error. You could just run CCleaner again right now, then check event viewer right away so see if anything shows up.

If there are errors recorded at the same time that you received this error could you post all of the information? Thanks. :)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Could you go to Control Panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer > Application Errors & System Errors

Look at the time of errors, and see if there were any errors listed when you received the oxoooooo6 error. You could just run CCleaner again right now, then check event viewer right away so see if anything shows up.

If there are errors recorded at the same time that you received this error could you post all of the information? Thanks. :)

yee : source : application hang. category:(101).event:1002.user:n/a

does it mean anything?

yee : source : application hang. category:(101).event:1002.user:n/a

does it mean anything?

I don't know yet, but I'll look it up on MS's website and see if anything comes up. ;)

Sorry, I forgot. What does the description say? It should tell you which application is hanging.

I don't know yet, but I'll look it up on MS's website and see if anything comes up. ;)

Sorry, I forgot. What does the description say? It should tell you which application is hanging.

here:

Hanging application notepad.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

and

The device, \Device\Harddisk0\D, has a bad block.

and

Application popup: ccleaner.exe - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006). Click on OK to terminate the application.

think its all

thanks

Well that doesn't really give enough information about what's wrong with ccleaner, although I see that you had another application hang with notepad as well.

You do have a bad block so you may want to do a chkdsk /r on your hard drive.

As for ccleaner the only thing I can think to try next is to uninstall then reinstall it, but disable it in Safe Mode and see if that helps. <_<

@ Andavari...Do you think that hivecleanup application would help with this type of situation?

Hang tight. I PMd a few people to take a look. I'm not familiar with that sort of error.

When you did a chkdsk /r....did you put a space between the k and /?

Hang tight. I PMd a few people to take a look. I'm not familiar with that sort of error.

When you did a chkdsk /r....did you put a space between the k and /?

i did ,i copied exact what you wrote and pasted . in "run" and it worked on restart

• Moderators

@ Andavari...Do you think that hivecleanup application would help with this type of situation?

I dunno, typically that's what I tell people to use if an app complains during shutdown/restart, it can also allow Windows to shutdown/restart properly if it has problems but I suppose it doesn't hurt to have it installed.

-----------------------

After running the SFC scan that you did in Dial-a-fix you actually do need to restart Windows, as that's the only way it can replace corrupted or the wrong versions of files that are currently in use. You may notice a screen similar to ChkDsk when you restart, that just means it's replacing the files that need to be replaced.

One thing about AVG antivirus, or any antivirus for that matter is you may run into a compatibility issue that causes a particular antivirus to either misbehave on your system, or cause other problems. I'm not saying that's the problem, however if it's the most recent thing you installed it would be worth checking out by uninstalling AVG and then use another freebie like AntiVir or Avast.

With that said that doesn't fix your hard disk issue. All the errors you're stating sounds like you need the master himself DjLizard (the creator of Dial-a-fix) to help you, or a local PC technician.

interesting is that the "registery booster" also pop up this error but working after i close the error

and ccleaner does not .

"the procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library user32.dll"

I asked what register booster is because sometimes finding the cause of a problem helps to solve the problem. You are missing a dll, possibly more than one. Not sure if regitry booster did it or what erased it. Anyway, I can try to post later about how to fix that. But I have to go to school now. later

I asked what register booster is because sometimes finding the cause of a problem helps to solve the problem. You are missing a dll, possibly more than one. Not sure if regitry booster did it or what erased it. Anyway, I can try to post later about how to fix that. But I have to go to school now. later

thank you a lot. perhaps i did not explain good.

the problem started before "booster" just i started to search program that can repair one of them is that

booster.

and how it is related to ccleaner? those two programs popup the same error just the ccleaner doesnot work

but boster does.

and i want ccleaner :)

thank you again

I googled some of the Tech support forums and most came up with do a XP repair. However, someone had used this cure succesfully. Thought it may be worth a shot for you as you said a bad block was found.

[ chkdsk c:/r discovered that the file WINDOWS\system32\msvcp71.dll was corrupt]

For full syntax http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...k.mspx?mfr=true

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

I googled some of the Tech support forums and most came up with do a XP repair. However, someone had used this cure succesfully. Thought it may be worth a shot for you as you said a bad block was found.

[ chkdsk c:/r discovered that the file WINDOWS\system32\msvcp71.dll was corrupt]

For full syntax http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...k.mspx?mfr=true

ye i also googled it. the problem : i do not really understand that computers language. so the only what i can do

is to reinstall the win. i will do it later. the only program that is not working is ccleaner.

thank you