Snow sucks!

Andavari

• Moderators

I'm completely snowed in where I live, and can't get the car out of the alleyway (I can hear a voice in my head saying you should've gotten a 4x4 SUV instead of that sporty low to the ground car, yes indeed voice in my head). Well at least the school kids got a snow day which is a rarity versus a two hour delay.

it's starting to get really cold here in California.

Cold? In California? I didn't think it EVER got really cold in California. :)

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

• Moderators

Cold? In California? I didn't think it EVER got really cold in California. :)

Yeah but what's cold to Californians 60-70 degrees? It takes the temp to get under 50 degrees for me to consider it cold, but then again I start getting too hot when it's over 75 degrees.

@Hazelnut

Where in the UK are you. Up here in Scotland it's been raining for about a week, (I'm sure I saw Noah floating by the window a few days ago :D ) and blowing a gale. I don't know what it's like to walk upright any more, constantly walking at a 45 degree angle. :(

I'm sure if it rains any more I'm going to end up with webbed feet and gills . :lol:

@Hazelnut

Where in the UK are you. Up here in Scotland it's been raining for about a week, (I'm sure I saw Noah floating by the window a few days ago :D ) and blowing a gale. I don't know what it's like to walk upright any more, constantly walking at a 45 degree angle. :(

I'm sure if it rains any more I'm going to end up with webbed feet and gills . :lol:

The storm that pushed through the U.S. really got a lot of people. Texas even got snow! Can you imagine snow in the desert? :o

Anyway, the storm caused ~400,000 people here to be out of power and heat. It really sucks because the windshield is 7. Glad you're just snowed in Andavari. Enjoy being forced to relax! hehe

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

@Hazelnut

In West Yorkshire (see under avatar) where it has been wet and windy as in Scotland, but still I think you have to agree it's warm for December.

I feel a bit sorry for kids in the UK now, when I was a kid we were well versed in the art of building snow brick walls using our Dad's spades, we then made 100's of snowballs and piled them up and when they were nice, hard and icy we would have lethal snowball fights with the next street.

Ahhhh! those were the days!!!

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Yeah but what's cold to Californians 60-70 degrees? It takes the temp to get under 50 degrees for me to consider it cold, but then again I start getting too hot when it's over 75 degrees.

Many parts of California are at high elevation and therefore have cold temps lots of snowfall every year. Especially in nor-cal and in the Sierras.

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

• Moderators

Can you imagine snow in the desert?

Actually I can because some deserts get really cold at night.

Looks like someone sorta cleaned up my alleyway, don't know who though but I moved the car inside the garage because I don't want to clean it off again. Something that shocked me was I saw a spider walking on top of the snow outside.

it's been getting 40-50 degrees recently. i even have to wear 2 shirts and a jacket to stay warm.

it's been getting 40-50 degrees recently. i even have to wear 2 shirts and a jacket to stay warm.

Glenn, in my province is was also -10. :) yesterday it was as cold as -22 celsius.

for those of the warmer climates, it gets into the minus mid thirties celcius here in the winter, and in the plus mid thirties in the summer. sometimes in winter with the wind chill, its like minus 50 celsius.

its why nobody wants to invade Canada. :)

you should see the snow we get some years. the first year i was married (96), my wife and i had just moved out to an acreage in the country and our road was about 300 feet long, but no trees on the front of our property. the snow would blow across the field and drift into our driveway so that we had 5 foot drifts. i had to get a farmer with a tractor come and blow the road clear, and it was like driving down a tunnel to get to the highway between the piles of snow. no word of a lie.

• Moderators

I get 5 foot and sometimes higher drifts depending upon the wind speed in my alleyway and in between my house and the neighbors house. It's something strange that the wind in between the two houses is more intense than say just in the open and the snow really builds up fast there to the point where it's impossible to even shovel as there's too much of it.

Reminds me of the World War II stuff I learned in school when the invading Nazi's were freezing to death when attempting to enter Russia.

Yeah, the siege of Stalingrad. They should have taken a lesson from history. (Napoleon)

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

In Southern Ontario its about 0 Celcius, but for the weekend I'm in Manitoba where its a high of -20 or so, and my bro is working in the Yukon (around Alaska) and when he got there last week it was -57 with the wind chill, but he called yesterday to say it warmed up to -25 or so...

I love the snow and the cold...nothing chills beer faster than a nice big snowbank, and in fact i'm enjoying one from the snow right now

• Moderators

I love the snow and the cold...nothing chills beer faster than a nice big snowbank, and in fact i'm enjoying one from the snow right now

Although I don't consume any alcohol (I'm a Pepsi and Sierra Mist soda pop drinker myself) I'm glad you have a natural refrigerator that doesn't emit any CFC's, and all completely for free! Enjoy your beers.