Run Time Error "6" Overflow

Michele

Good afternoon. I am new to the forum and to the software. I installed and continue to get the run time error listed above. I tried to search the forum for fixes. I downloaded the updated software, as well as downloaded VB6 runtime and unchecked Outlook 2003 (I am using Beta 2007). I have even rebooted a couple of times. Nothing seems to work.

Can someone assist me please?

Thanks.

Michele :blink:

Good afternoon. I am new to the forum and to the software. I installed and continue to get the run time error listed above. I tried to search the forum for fixes. I downloaded the updated software, as well as downloaded VB6 runtime and unchecked Outlook 2003 (I am using Beta 2007). I have even rebooted a couple of times. Nothing seems to work.

Can someone assist me please?

Thanks.

Michele :blink:

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same problem. Starting in Safe Mode resulted in a shutdown triggered by CCleaner -- no joy. I'm running XP SP2.

please try and install this, http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=1192

michele, i think you already installed them but uninstall them then restart then install these then restart again and then try ccleaner :D

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I've looked, a few others are having problems also.

The last thing I can suggest is reboot after you install the update.

If that doesn't work, you can try going into Safe Mode.

Now that I've looked, a few others are having problems also.

The last thing I can suggest is reboot after you install the update.

If that doesn't work, you can try going into Safe Mode.

Still no joy...started in Safe Mode after installing the recommended Microsoft update. CCleaner starts the Analyze process, then freezes with the Run Time Error. Any other suggestions from anyone? I'd sure like to run this software.

• Moderators

Just in case it is because of a conflict, have you tried being offline, with as many other programs as possible (such as antivirus etc) disabled just for a few minutes while you try ccleaner again.

Are you logged in as the administrator when you install ccleaner?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Just in case it is because of a conflict, have you tried being offline, with as many other programs as possible (such as antivirus etc) disabled just for a few minutes while you try ccleaner again.

Are you logged in as the administrator when you install ccleaner?

I only get this error (along with having to end ccleaner) when Opera Internet Cache is selected to be analyzed. If I turn that option off then it works perfectly fine. I've installed CCleaner 1.36.430 properly and rebooted after installation. I'm running the latest version of windows as of today.

However when I run it in safemode (again this happens when Opera Internet Cache is selected) The program closes and I get a different popup error entirely:

---------------------------

CiceroUIWndFrame: ccleaner.exe - Application Error

The exception Floating-point inexact result. (0xc000008f) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812a5b.

Click on OK to terminate the program

OK

I checked the contents of my internet cache only to find that there were 30,085 files! This might be why ccleaner is crashing. (I guess it's my fault for having such a huge cache size limit and never bothering to delete my cache...)

ccleaner ran perfectly fine after I deleted all of those files! If you could make ccleaner a little beefier and able to handle that many files it would make my day.

This is an awesome application and I really appreciate it being absolutely free. Thank you for developing it!

• Moderators

Glad you have managed to work out what was causing your error message and for letting us know what it was.

Who knows, it may help someone else out reading your solution.

Welcome to the forum At0m5k :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com