Zune Theme?

rridgely

Res, i get this message when i try your last fix:

Visual styles could not be applied. Access denied.

Make sure the Normalcolor folder is all one word. No gaps.

i followed your instructions to the letter. still no fix. hmmmm.

Just so everyone knows... this theme does not install correctly. If you notice the theme is a mix of the zune and classic theme. The shell style is not installed correctly. To fix this go to c:windows:resources:themes:zune and create a new folder called "Shell" and inside the shell folder create another folder called "NormalColor" move the shellstyle.dll from the zune folder into the normalcolor folder and reapply the theme. Now the tasks list in the shell will be themed correctly, as well as other areas. Now go to somewhere like My Documents and see the difference. I love the orange start button btw.

Thanks Woody, I wouldn't have noticed it wasn't applying properly without the above fix. :)

Just so everyone knows... this theme does not install correctly. If you notice the theme is a mix of the zune and classic theme. The shell style is not installed correctly. To fix this go to c:windows:resources:themes:zune and create a new folder called "Shell" and inside the shell folder create another folder called "NormalColor" move the shellstyle.dll from the zune folder into the normalcolor folder and reapply the theme. Now the tasks list in the shell will be themed correctly, as well as other areas. Now go to somewhere like My Documents and see the difference. I love the orange start button btw.

yeah, that worked fine for me. I thought the My Documents etc folders looked bland. Now they all look quite snazzy! Thanks.

Out of interest, had you read about this fix or did you come up with the solution yourself? In hindsight, I can see it follows the same pattern as for the main Luna theme (ie Luna -Shell-NormalColor-shellstyle.dll), but I would never have even began to think about creating folders etc. I just asumed it had a bland appearance for My Computer, My Documents etc.

while we are on the subject of Themes, does anyone know of any safe websites where I could go to have a look at downloading some more themes? I did a google and found a few but I'm a bit wary of just downloading anything to my computer - I once read that downloading screensavers etc was a way in which viruses could be spread.

Make sure you create the Shell folder inside the Zune folder,then create the NormalColor folder inside the Shell folder. Move the Shellstyle.dll thats inside the Zune folder into the Shell folder open that and move the Shellstyle.dll into the NormalColor folder close and then click on My Documents folder should see a difference over on the Left side panel now. Worked for me.

Hooked up my spare drive and downloaded the Zune theme which installs correctly now. B)

Recently, my discovered ImTOO publishes a series of and the Zunecorrelation product. Convert DVD to Zune movie, rip DVD to ZuneMPEG-4, WMV and Zune MP3. Convert to Zune video MP4, WMV and Zune MP3from AVI, DivX, WMV, MOV, RM, VOB. if everybody has the interest, discusses.