Zune Theme?

rridgely

I think it looks awesome! It makes XP look pretty close to Vista...at a glance anyways. I can't tell if its based off of Luna or Royale though.

If I had XP I would definitely use it. While we're on the subject, does anyone know of any way to change Windows 2000's appearance?

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

• Moderators

To be honest I don't remember where I got it. I believe it was from kol on deviant art but it was while ago when I downloaded it.(I didn't see it on that site when I just checked). I uploaded it for you though. :)

Let me know when you have it, I don't want to leave it attached for long.

• Moderators

Its a nice theme. It has a couple of different colors but I like the blue the best. B)

Edit:

You have to have a modified uxtheme.dll. You can download that here:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhan...SP2-Final.shtml

Then you just put the file I gave you in C:\windows\resources\themes and double click it. :)

Hmm I followed the instructions to a T, but when I double click on the file, it just brings up the Display properties window and there are no more options in the drop down menu. I'm lost at this point. :(

Dell Latitude D600

follow_me-c.png

No that one didn't work either. So I tried re-copying that .dll file into System32, but now its giving me an error that says something about the file being in use and it won't let me replace it, even immediately after a fresh reboot. I'm not sure what to do now, but I appreciate your help.

Dell Latitude D600

follow_me-c.png

Just so everyone knows... this theme does not install correctly. If you notice the theme is a mix of the zune and classic theme. The shell style is not installed correctly. To fix this go to c:windows:resources:themes:zune and create a new folder called "Shell" and inside the shell folder create another folder called "NormalColor" move the shellstyle.dll from the zune folder into the normalcolor folder and reapply the theme. Now the tasks list in the shell will be themed correctly, as well as other areas. Now go to somewhere like My Documents and see the difference. I love the orange start button btw.

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Just so everyone knows... this theme does not install correctly. If you notice the theme is a mix of the zune and classic theme. The shell style is not installed correctly. To fix this go to c:windows:resources:themes:zune and create a new folder called "Shell" and inside the shell folder create another folder called "NormalColor" move the shellstyle.dll from the zune folder into the normalcolor folder and reapply the theme. Now the tasks list in the shell will be themed correctly, as well as other areas. Now go to somewhere like My Documents and see the difference. I love the orange start button btw.

Thanks man that did make a big diference I was a bit lost on where to put the shell folder to begin with so I looked inside the other theme folders and figured that out.

hmmmm. i have no change out of this theme, and did the fix too. i use alienware style theme regularly if that makes a difference.

Make sure you create the Shell folder inside the Zune folder,then create the NormalColor folder inside the Shell folder. Move the Shellstyle.dll thats inside the Zune folder into the Shell folder open that and move the Shellstyle.dll into the NormalColor folder close and then click on My Documents folder should see a difference over on the Left side panel now. Worked for me.

nope. i did all that, no change. double checked it too. hmmmmm.

Go to Control Panel/Display/Appearance/Makes sure Windows and buttons is set on Zune Style and Color Scheme is set on Default. Then click apply if thats available maybe a reboot wouldnt hurt either.