CCleaner Community Forums
deno

UNINSTALL IE7 AND GO BACK TO 6

I installed ie7. Unfortunately, most of the companies I work with are not prepared to work with 7 so I have to go back to ie6. How do I do this? I can't install 6 over 7. Does anyone know? Please help. Thanks in advance. :o

Start>control panel>add/remove programs.

Its listed as Windows Internet Explorer 7.

As directed. Once IE7 is removed you will see that IE6 has returned. :)

I installed ie7. Unfortunately, most of the companies I work with are not prepared to work with 7 so I have to go back to ie6. How do I do this? I can't install 6 over 7. Does anyone know? Please help. Thanks in advance. :o

The advice i got from the Microsoft Blog site was to go to my Programs, Uninstall IE7, and was then automatically left with IE6 installed on my computer. It was suggested that had i run CCleaner or other Registry Cleaner programme whilst i was operating IE7 then i should re-install any Logs for these programmes BEFORE uninstalling IE7.

I uninstalled IE7 without returning the Qty 1 Log that i had run with CCleaner whilst in IE7, due to the fact that my system would not let it return it to my Registry for some reason. I sought advice in this Forum under Software but got no replies, so proceeded with the Uninstall IE7 anyway, which was a total success.

Best of luck !!!