Cookies

pixk

After clicking on "options", then "cookies", I get a window with 2 columns, cookies to delete, cookies to keep. Will CCleaner automatically delete all the cookies in the "cookies to delete" column everytime I run CCleaner. Many of the same ones seem to reappear. I am running Firefox 1.5.0.7 on Win98SE. I am not of the computer generation so please make your reply simple to follow. Thanks.

Yes. :) Any cookies you switch to the right hand column will be saved , all other cookies will be deleted each time you run CCleaner.

Please read This

Btw welcome to the forum. :)

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Yes. :) Any cookies you switch to the right hand column will be saved , all other cookies will be deleted each time you run CCleaner.

Please read This

Thanks Woody for your prompt reply. The more I use CCleaner the more I appreciate just how complete, how exquisite this program really is. Not being of the computer generation, I take comfort that one program, that uses such little system resources, can so clean my computer of useless + malicious material that I cannot even begin to fathom. I also use AVG, AdAware, Spyware Blaster, MRU Blaster, HiJack This, Reg Seeker, Diskeeper Lite, Firefox, all running on Win98SE, on a P3, 600, 256 megs, Ultra-Lite cable internet. That's why this low power computer just continues to perform efficiently, almost trouble free. Thanks, also, for your welcome to the forum.

Thanks Woody for your prompt reply. The more I use CCleaner the more I appreciate just how complete, how exquisite this program really is. Not being of the computer generation, I take comfort that one program, that uses such little system resources, can so clean my computer of useless + malicious material that I cannot even begin to fathom. I also use AVG, AdAware, Spyware Blaster, MRU Blaster, HiJack This, Reg Seeker, Diskeeper Lite, Firefox, all running on Win98SE, on a P3, 600, 256 megs, Ultra-Lite cable internet. That's why this low power computer just continues to perform efficiently, almost trouble free. Thanks, also, for your welcome to the forum.

It will NOT keep cookies in IE7.

Please read This

Woody. After running CCleaner I notice that there is NO DELETION of cookies in the left column, the same list reappears. Also, an almost similar list appears in the cookies section of Firefox 1.5.0.7. In the "settings" of CCleaner, I check the box that runs CCleaner at the computer startup. Is this OK? Shall I make other setting changes? Thanks.

Open Ccleaner , click on applications and make sure the cookies box is checked under Firefox. Browse a few sites then return to Ccleaner. Click on options> cookies and note the contents of the left column. Now click on Cleaner> Run Cleaner. The cookies in the left column should now be deleted.

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Open Ccleaner , click on applications and make sure the cookies box is checked under Firefox. Browse a few sites then return to Ccleaner. Click on options> cookies and note the contents of the left column. Now click on Cleaner> Run Cleaner. The cookies in the left column should now be deleted.

Woody. That's the answer. The left column in CCleaner is now clean, also the same cookies are now out of Firefox. Perhaps I ought to uncheck cookies in Firefox, then after a few sessions before I want to use CCleaner again, check the left column to see if I want to transfer any "keeper" cookies into the right column, then recheck cookies in Firefox, then run CCleaner, so that I can also retain these extra cookies in Firefox itself. Am I making any sense? Thanks.

I have cookies unchecked in Firefox's clear private data tool. I simply allow Ccleaner to manage all my cookie cleaning. :)

In Ccleaner leave the Applications>Firefox>cookies checked.

I have cookies unchecked in Firefox's clear private data tool. I simply allow Ccleaner to manage all my cookie cleaning. :)

In Ccleaner leave the Applications>Firefox>cookies checked.

Woody. That's the pefect solution. I was not aware of the exact functionality of Firefox Private Data. After trying your suggestion, the cookies left in Firefox after running CCleaner are the ones I want. Thanks.