Rate my computer!

Guddy

Hiya all!. I would like a review of my computer. Just from a scala from 1-10 ore something. Would be very appriciated.

CPU: Genuine Intel® CPU T2300 @ 1.66GHz

CPU Speed: 1.66 GHz Performance Rated at 3.74 GHz

System RAM: 1022.0 MB

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 (GeForce Go 7400)

Video Card Features:

Video RAM: 512.0 MB

Vertex Shader Ver: 3.0

Pixel Shader Ver: 3.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX): 6.14.10.8320

DirectX Version: 9.0

Sound Card: Conexant High Definition Audio

Sound Card Driver Version: 3.6.0.0

Free Disk Space: 93.1 GB

______________________--

Question nr. 2 I have this graphic card called NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 series. Do u know if i can get any drivers/updates for this one?. Thanks.

Will be checking this thread rapidly.

/Guddy

• Moderators

Your system specs seem o.k. to me with one exception the processor at 1.66 Ghz but that's just me and I would have went with at least a 2.8 Ghz w/Multi-Threading if using an Intel P4. And also Windows XP Pro.

I have this graphic card called NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 series. Do u know if i can get any drivers/updates for this one?

http://www.filehippo.com/download_nvidia_forceware/

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Sorry to say but in my own opinion I've used Geforce in the past (Now with ATI based cards) and for some reason their drivers don't seem to work with certain companys who have tweaked there brand or... models of cards. I had the FX5200 and I needed a modded tyope driver for mine.

You could try... nVidia Omega Driver 1.6693 :)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

By today's standards, I would say you're probably a 7-ish to 8. Then again it's pretty good because it's a laptop; by desktop standards its lower, obviously.

My PNY 5200 works fine with all nVidia drivers.

Side note - Omega Drivers are great, but make sure you know what you're doing before you go ahead and install them.

I meant only some don't work. Omega drivers are great indeed though.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

Thanks for all the comments guys!, U think this would be able too take a game like.. Obivlion ore... Gothic 3? :P

I can run Oblivion with my 5200 (check sig for more details) but at horrible quality. I mean horrible. It's only playable if you run it with a special texture mod. Also, the 5200 doesn't support SM2, and Oblivion runs in SM2/3. Gothic 3 will almost certainly be SM3; the point is that you will be able to play IF:

You optimize your PC - kill any processes taking up RAM and CPU cycles (*cough* Norton), as Oblivion uses all of the cycles, almost constantly; and when I've played for longer than 30 minutes or so, Oblivion manages to rack up 800 megabytes of RAM.

Optimize Oblivion - this is a long, involved process which requires lots of trial and error - mainly editing the Oblivion.ini file.

Gothic 3 is most likely out of the question, as it's graphics are a few months more advanced than Oblivion. If you want to play Oblivion at an acceptable (20+fps outside) rate and with eye candy (and no occasional artifacts), I would say it's probably up for grabs, 50-50, since I don't know how good a 7400 is.

If you decide you want to give Oblivion a try, you can PM me and I'll e-mail you my tweaked Oblivion.ini :)

Your system specs seem o.k. to me with one exception the processor at 1.66 Ghz but that's just me and I would have went with at least a 2.8 Ghz w/Multi-Threading if using an Intel P4. And also Windows XP Pro.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_nvidia_forceware/

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Since when was clock speed a measure of performance? The Conroes, which he has if I'm not mistaken, have low clock speeds and outperform AMD's cream of the crop in every corner.

IPB Image

• 3 weeks later...

I didnt want to make a new topic about this, since, well, there's already one here. :) But, I would like my computer rated. We got it before I started digital art and learning about computers, but soon I will be getting one more stick of 256MB RAM and probably a Acer 22" Widescreen monitor(if that matters).

I have:

Windows XP Home SP2

Intel Pentium 4- 3Ghz processor(dual)

70.7GB harddrive, 61.4GB free space

512 MB of RAM(DDR2,soon to be 768MB)

RADEON X300 video card, I think

That's all I can remember, but based on that, what do you think?

We got it before I started digital art and learning about computers, but soon I will be getting one more stick of 256MB RAM and probably a Acer 22" Widescreen monitor(if that matters).

Windows XP Home SP2

Intel Pentium 4- 3Ghz processor(dual)

70.7GB harddrive, 61.4GB free space

512 MB of RAM(DDR2,soon to be 768MB)

RADEON X300 video card, I think

The hdd is small. You'll need a lot of hdd space and ram to do what you want with the digital art stuff. The processor is perfect.

The hdd is small. You'll need a lot of hdd space and ram to do what you want with the digital art stuff. The processor is perfect.

Yeah, I know. I try to keep my images semi-small for right now. I'm gonna try to get an external harddrive soon for all my art and applications. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the comments guys!, U think this would be able too take a game like.. Obivlion ore... Gothic 3? :P

I have:

AMD Sempron 3400+,1.99 GHz, 448 MB Ram, ATI Radeon Express 200, WindowsXP Home SP2.

I just purchased GTR2-FIA GT Racing Game, which you supposedly need a super computer to play, but I have had no problem playing this game or GT Legends, although I have not tried on-line game play yet.

GTR2 Recommended System Requirements:

Windows XP Home/Pro

3 GHz Intel Pentium IV

1GB Ram

DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card with 256 MB memory

This is the best looking game I have ever seen. Graphics are so amazing, some of the replays look like you are watching a race on TV it is so realistic looking.

I only posted this so that someone with more experience about such things could possibly use it to explain a little more about the games and their requirements.