CCleaner Community Forums
Andavari

RegSeeker customized exclude.ini file

em...can any help me with this? I ran "Clean the registry" with Andavari's Customized RegSeeker Exclude.ini File and now all my "Web shortcut" icons are corrupted. I'm glad its only the web shortcut icons.

I don't keep Web shortcuts but I do have a lot in my Favorites and the icons are stored in FavIcons that are cleared when the Temporary Internet Files cache is cleared.

I use AM-Deadlink to keep the FavIcons for my Favorites.

AM-DeadLink detects dead links and duplicates in browser bookmarks and text files. If a bookmark has become unavailable you can verify and delete it permanently. Additionally you can download FavIcons for all your Favorites and Bookmarks.

AM-DeadLink is Freeware!

http://www.aignes.com/deadlink.htm

I ran "Clean the registry" with Andavari's Customized RegSeeker Exclude.ini File and now all my "Web shortcut" icons are corrupted. I'm glad its only the web shortcut icons.

Also I'd recommend not running Regseeker's icon cache refresher on Windows XP, Vista, or newer systems because it has the habit of breaking the transparency and the only fix I know of is to restore the registry via System Restore or an ERUNT backup.