Comment on CCleaner 1.34 and Grisoft AVG

pudelein

I have just downloaded and installed the newest CCleaner 1.34 and tested it. I note with interest that it supposedly removes something from Grisoft AVG. However, from the winapp.ini file, the path to the Grisoft material seems to be different from the Free version that I use (AVG Free 7.1.408, dated 10/18/2006); so maybe it is a Paid version 7.5? It would be nice if CCleaner was clearer about this! Cheers!

Hello everybody !

Plz help me about AVG Pro Edition 7.5 : i can't deleted or move to vault viruses,.... when i test by Shell Test Extension (right-click mouse context menu on Windows Explorer) ,i don't know setting it where in program ???

Sorry !

As the OP on this thread, I can now report somewhat more definitively on the subject. There are several points, though, as follow here:

1. The latest AVG Free version is 7.5.4 (as of today). It is available for downloading, but not yet pushed to users of the older version.

2. Current users of AVG Free 7.1 will receive "a special dialog within the next few weeks", presumably with special rules for an upgrade, rather than a new total download, or how to preserve settings, or whatever. This is a rough version of what is on the AVG site.

3. Support for AVG Free 7.1 will end in January 2007.

4. CCleaner will not clean AVG Free 7.1: the path to the program files in winapp.ini is wrong for that; presumably the new AVG version will (in essence) correct that.

I think this may be enough to terminate this thread.