no more etrust name

hazelnut

• Moderators

By now some of you will have had the email asking you to upgrade to the new version which is now known as CA antivirus 2007.

The only thing I couldn't see was whether to install it over the top of the existing version. Anyone know?

Trouble is I've only 30 days left of the free version so don't know if to do the upgrade just for 4 weeks.

one of the links I was sent

http://home3.ca.com/Login2.aspx?ReturnUrl=...&lang=en-US

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I'm going to get the update later. I hope they didn't change it too much. :(

As for just getting another free year. Yeah its true you could just use a different email. I bought my copy at target on sale for $20.(it came with pest patrol too but I don't even have it installed). Just something to think about.(honesty. :P)

The only thing I couldn't see was whether to install it over the top of the existing version. Anyone know?

I upgraded a couple of weeks ago. I was told by CA to uninstall the old version first.

By the way, the old version worked flawlessly in my computer, but scanning with the new version stalls forever at a particular file, namely: C:\Program Files\Microsoft AutoRoute\Data\Eurarts.its. I've solved the problem by adding this file to the ignore list, but I'm not very happy with this solution. New versions are expected to improve things, not make them worse.

• Moderators

I like this update! The GUI is so much better looking and with the current threats displayed on the right gives some quick info, and the new antivirus program icon has been needed for years. But I could honestly do without the Security Center icon in the systray, and would instead just like to have the good ole' resident shield icon for the antivirus only as that's the only CA product I have installed.

• Moderators

Ok. I updated and like you Andavari, I like it. Took 18 minutes for a full system scan which I don't think is too bad.

As it saved me in the past when I visited a web page with nasties on it, and as it is incredibly easy to use, I just may buy it in a month if no problems with it arise.

P.S. Thanks Francisco for the info about it from you.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I like this update! The GUI is so much better looking and with the current threats displayed on the right gives some quick info, and the new antivirus program icon has been needed for years. But I could honestly do without the Security Center icon in the systray, and would instead just like to have the good ole' resident shield icon for the antivirus only as that's the only CA product I have installed.

I like the update too. It still really light on resources(about the same) and the interface looks quite good. :)

I agree about the security center icon. I would rather it just open up the AV when I clicked it but at least unlike before it doesn't display an icon for both(you could just of course disable the other one though. :P)

I'm running a scan right now and it hasn't run into any problems(obviously no detections though. :D)

It might be a little faster but it seem about the same for me. Overall as long as it still works like it did before I'm happy. :D

I like the update too. It still really lite on resources(about the same) and the interface looks quite good. :)

I agree about the security center icon. I would rather it just open up the AV when I clicked it but at least unlike before it doesn't display an icon for both(you could just of course disable the other one though. :P)

I'm running a scan right now and it hasn't run into any problems(obviously no detections though. :D)

It might be a little faster but it seem about the same for me. Overall as long as it still works like it did before I'm happy. :D

i like it too, but its been running for about an hour. its at 344,444 files scanned so far.....

• Moderators

It actually takes about 15 minutes longer in this version to scan what it reports as 240,000+ files (don't remember the exact count) on my system so it's around 45 minute total scan time, however it's now displaying that it's scanned almost twice the amount of files compared to the previous version. So they must of improved the scanning for it to find an additional 118,000+ files on my system.

I noticed with this version it doesn't do something funky to the system memory or resources like it's did for the past 4 or more years. This one's a keeper!