*Recommend trying out :)

New_Age

Maxthon has released their new build of there IE based Browser. *Preview 2.0.0.8042 has been released to the public :)

Maxthon has also just released their 1.5.7 build. Minor Improvements were made of course. See what ya think guys.

~ Maxthon Preview Ver. 2.0.0.8042

~ Maxthon 1.5.7

~ Maxthon 2.0 Skins. Make sure to Extract the skins to C:\Program Files\Maxthon2\Skin.

~ Maxthon 2.0 Skins Thread (Links to some skins included in thread)

~ Maxthon 1.5.7 Skins (Just click and Install :))

~ Maxthon 1.5.7 Skins. Add them as you would with Maxthon 2 but the subfolder is named Maxthon.

Note: Plug-ins work for both versions.

Plug-ins I use:

Kill Flash Ad and Flying Ad

EnableRightClick

Force Pictures

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

Maxthon is ok, but I like my seamonkey/firefox so much more. ^_^

However I will reinstall maxthon once IE7 is out of beta. I absolutely hate the new interface that IE7 has and if I ever need a site that is IE only I would rather use maxthon then IE7.

thank god that i don't have to use IE anymore. Opera with the Neptune plugin works brilliantly for Windows Update.

my dad uses IE but w/e. he'll probably hate IE7

edit: btw, i prefer Avant Browser with the Windows Classic skin(since i don't have the themes service enabled) because it looks a little bit more professional. when i used Maxthon, the tab bar looked a little weird. for some reason, it had those dots that usually appear on Common Controls that are not locked.

when i used Maxthon, the tab bar looked a little weird. for some reason, it had those dots that usually appear on Common Controls that are not locked.

Are you talking about those little black/white lines that appear when you switch tabs? I noticed it on build 1.5.7 and don't know why :(

I would just like someone on here to at least try it. The skins for Maxthon 2.0.0.8042 are *Beautiful and well made. Better skins then FireFox I'd say.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

Maxthon has to be pretty useless. It is Internet Explorer with a couple of new features. But in the end its still Internet Explorer, and most likely suffers from all the same security weaknesses. While Maxthon might be convenient than IE, it's still the same crap under the hood, and insecure. Still not following web-standards.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

thanks for the links. Maxthon is an alternative. IE7 is installed here but Maxthon has priority. My fiance and I play Pogo alot. For some freaking reason Pogo will not work for %^$# on Firefox. Plus, I'm working on my website need to be able to see how it's gonna look in both browers. Any ideas or suggestions are welcomed.