WinXP & multiple accounts

dcrane37

I'm a newbie to CCleaner and was wondering if there is a way to configure the settings for

CCLeaner for multiple users withing Windows XP? I want to set the app to NOT delete

the cookies and to run at startup for every user that may logon to a Windows XP machine.

However, I've found that the settings revert to the standard setup when a new user logs

on. Can this be done? Thanks.

welcome to the CC forums :D

Ccleaner cannot clean accross multiple profiles but you can create a shortcut with the /autorun parameter and place it in the startmenu>startup.

this would clean everything out as soon as the user logs on.

i or someone else can help you out if you need more assistance :)

welcome to the CC forums :D

Ccleaner cannot clean accross multiple profiles but you can create a shortcut with the /autorun parameter and place it in the startmenu>startup.

this would clean everything out as soon as the user logs on.

i or someone else can help you out if you need more assistance :)

Thanks for responding to my post. I understand that it won't clean across multiple profiles. What I want it to save specific settings across multiple profiles. I do NOT want to clean the cookies on all profiles. I want every user that logs on to the PC to use the SAME settings so it clean their profile to my specific setup.

Doable?

i see what you mean now.

what you need to do is log onto each account and make the settings you want for that account.

every account can have different settings for ccleaner.

Hmmm.....That's not going to work. I want to deploy it on over 150 machines in 5 different buildings.

There could be any one of over 300 people that could log on to the machines. There's no way

I can do it by manually logging in as every possible user.

I'll keep looking for a configurable app.

Maybe this could be included in a future upgrade.

Thanks.

Dave

• 4 months later...

I do not have time to test it but figure out where your settings are save and if they are saved in the users profile go in and add the custome settings to the defaul user profile of each computer. You may also be able to create an install scrip for this.

• Moderators

CCleaner can now have all settings saved into the .ini file CCleaner.ini, you just have to enable it in:

Options > Advanced > Save all settings to INI file

Rather this works for multiple user accounts I don't know.