Antivirus ranking

Eldmannen

Here is a list from August 2006 of various antivirus software and how they rank.

http://www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/defaul...d=82&mnu=82

If anyone wonders about Active Virus Shield by AOL, then it is an antivirus software that AOL licensed from Kaspersky and then re-branded, stripped/crippled some funcionality, and then added adware to it.

They also have a list of antiviruses, including a free antivirus section on;

http://www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/defaul...d=71&mnu=71

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

rofl...you can't really determine which anti-virus is the best since none can detect everything. You should use one the ones mentioned in the list and then just use online scanners as a precaution.

Yes, you can determine which antivirus software is the best.

There are coming new threats all the time. Of course no antivirus always detects everything. But by running a bunch of antivirus software against 147184 viruses you can see which one detects the most of them, hence is the best.

You can also test a bunch of antivirus software against thousand of viruses "not in the wild", to determine which antivirus software has the best heuristics.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Yes, you can determine which antivirus software is the best.

There are coming new threats all the time. Of course no antivirus always detects everything. But by running a bunch of antivirus software against 147184 viruses you can see which one detects the most of them, hence is the best.

You can also test a bunch of antivirus software against thousand of viruses "not in the wild", to determine which antivirus software has the best heuristics.

I just tried to download the new database for Kaspersky online scanner and I keep getting the blacklist is broken error message anyone else getting this message. I have uninstalled the older version I had on my system so I know thats not the problem.

• 3 years later...