Single Pass Progress Bar

agentjk

In my opinion, the analyze process seems longer due to the fact that the progress bar keeps repeating. I think if it would only run once (instead of repeating multiple times) it would seem shorter, and it would be easier to glance at and judge how much time is left. Still an awesome program, good work.

welcome to the cc forums! :D

when analyzing it does in fact take longer.

if you just run it it takes a bit less time.

to do what you suggested, it would need to analyze first then run after that so it would take twice as long.

the bar repeats once for each option.

if you only had clear temporary files out, it would only make 1 pass.

good idea though.

the bar repeats once for each option.

if you only had clear temporary files out, it would only make 1 pass.

Thats not right.

This has been suggested a few times before and different progress bars have been suggested, Fire... is right though, it would take twice as long as it would have to analyse how much there is to remove before scanning. There have been some alternatives suggested though which may or may not implemented.

Check this topic for more: http://forum.CCleaner.com/index.php?showto...hl=progress+bar

• 6 months later...

I also find a repeating progress bar annoying. I understand the Analysis rebuff, and how it would take twice as long a time to do a real progress bar.

If it goes across once for each subsection as you say, then having it say what Subsection it's in next to Progress would be good enough for me!

In fact, don't have it say Progress, it's misleading for this type of bar, just have it say Working (in section <section name>)

Great program otherwise!

-Tony