Error logs

Oleshka

Hi again you helped me to solve few problems before :-) Thank you.

Now i have some questions. After scanned and back up issues in Event viewer SYSTEM iI noticed errors:

Source: DCOM

Event ID: 10005

Description:

DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service SENS with arguments "" in order to run the server:

{D3938AB0-5B9D-11D1-8DD2-00AA004ABD5E}

Can someone explain what happened and how I can solve it?

In System viewer Application

Source: EventSystem

Category: (51)

Event ID: 4353

Description:

The COM+ Event System attempted to fire the EventObjectChange::ChangedSubscription event but received a bad return code. HRESULT was 80040201.

Source: EventSystem

Category: (52)

Event ID: 4356

Description:

The COM+ Event System failed to create an instance of the subscriber partition:{41E90F3E-56C1-4633-81C3-6E8BAC8BDD70}!new:{D3938AB0-5B9D-11D1-8DD2-00AA004ABD5E}. CoGetObject returned HRESULT 80070422.

I'm sorry if my questions are stupid :-) But please help me in Latvia :-)

theres bound to be errors as theres some in mine right now.

if youd like to try and fix it, read on...

we're always glad to help, thats what this sites here for!

DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service SENS with arguments "" in order to run the server:

{D3938AB0-5B9D-11D1-8DD2-00AA004ABD5E}

just set WMI and System Event Notificiation to automatic and it should cleare those errors and warnings from the log.

The COM+ Event System attempted to fire the EventObjectChange::ChangedSubscription event but received a bad return code. HRESULT was 80040201.

didnt find anything on this one.

The COM+ Event System failed to create an instance of the subscriber partition:{41E90F3E-56C1-4633-81C3-6E8BAC8BDD70}!new:{D3938AB0-5B9D-11D1-8DD2-00AA004ABD5E}. CoGetObject returned HRESULT 80070422.

go to Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services | Start and stop windows installer service. Did it start and stop without any problems?

Not sure if this is the problem, but there was a security patch a couple of months ago that could break Windows Installer if you had some non standard permissions on some system folders.

Again, not sure how to fix the problem, but with some more information, we might be able to figure it out. . .

What version of windows? what service pack?

What is listed in Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Event Viewer. . . check the system and the application logs

There are three parts to the VS setup - Prerequisites, Visual Studio, Documentation. At what point does it error? Does it get through the Prerequisites?

After the failed install, is .Net framework 1.1 listed in add/remove programs?

by the way, all i did was google what was in red and i copy/pasted those "fixes" off of the sites i found :D