CCleaner - Lean Version?

LedAstray

Would it be possible to create a version of CCleaner that only has Cleaner part, and does not include the other parts: Issues (registry integrity & file integrity), Tools (uninstall and startup), but leave most everything alone in the Options part.

I use my own utilities that have been tried and true for many years to clean my registry and manage my system, among other things, of which the CCleaner registry and file integrity scan and repair cannot compare. So I really never use those features of the program.

Also, how about adding to the Secure File Deletion (in the Options/Settings part) the Gutmann method of 35 passes. I know it sounds a bit extreme but it always good to have just in case. And I'm paranoid anyway.

I noticed that two new versions of CCleaner are now available: "Basic" (no Yahoo toolbar) and "Slim" (no toolbar-English only). It lost alot of weight! From 1,459KB to 440KB. So how about a "Lean" version?

Thank you.

The difference between the version is that the standard has Yahoo! toolbar and all languages.

Basic doesn't have Yahoo! toolbar, but does have many languages.

While the slim version have no toolbar, and only English language.

If you don't use the Issue scanner function, then simply don't use it. I don't see why there should be a lean version without that feature, since its optional to use it. I also doubt there will be a lean version.

Adding Gutmann secure cleaning is a good idea though. But remember CCleaner wasn't crafted with secure deletion in the mind from the start. If you interested in secure deletion, you might want to take a look at Eraser.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

If you don't use the Issue scanner function, then simply don't use it. I don't see why there should be a lean version without that feature, since its optional to use it. I also doubt there will be a lean version.

To be fair I can see where he's coming from as I never use the Tools section (startup and uninstall), prefer to use msconfig and Add/Remove. Though CCleaner is so small I doubt there would be much advantage to removing elements anyway.

Adding Gutmann secure cleaning is a good idea though. But remember CCleaner wasn't crafted with secure deletion in the mind from the start. If you interested in secure deletion, you might want to take a look at Eraser.

Adding Gutmann method cleaning would cripple the speed of CCleaner, I get fed up waiting for 3x overwrite, having been used to the speed of CCleaner but still use it. Certainly wouldn't use Gutmann (35x overwrite).

To be fair I can see where he's coming from as I never use the Tools section (startup and uninstall), prefer to use msconfig and Add/Remove. Though CCleaner is so small I doubt there would be much advantage to removing elements anyway.

Yes, I don't use the Startup and Uninstall feature either. But as you said, I doubt there would much advantage in removing those elements, and I don't think there will be a version without them.

Adding Gutmann method cleaning would cripple the speed of CCleaner, I get fed up waiting for 3x overwrite, having been used to the speed of CCleaner but still use it. Certainly wouldn't use Gutmann (35x overwrite).

I use normal file deletion mode. I wouldn't use it either, but I guess it could be a nice addition anyways.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png