Flash Player Won't Work

papajoe

My flash player has stopped working and when I try to access an online video, say YouTube, I get the following message:

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Click here to get the latest flash player.

I had this problem before, and I found a website that was provided in this forum, I believe, and it permitted me to uninstall and then reinstall Adobe Flashplayer and that fix the problem.

I have tried to find Flash Player by going to the Control Panel, but I can't find it there. I had thought that if I could find it, I would just uninstall and then reload it again as that worked last time.

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem?

Thanks.

Sorry folks. I just found out how to uninstall it. I have uninstalled it and downloaded a new version and it is now working fine. This is the second time that I have had to do this, and I don't know what the problem is. Perhaps this is something that I will just have to live with.

Thanks.

Sorry folks. I just found out how to uninstall it. I have uninstalled it and downloaded a new version and it is now working fine. This is the second time that I have had to do this, and I don't know what the problem is. Perhaps this is something that I will just have to live with.

Thanks.

Do you use any registry cleaners? Example Regseeker and RegScrubXP found some flash reg. entries as invalid. So if you delete them, that may cause flash not to work proberly.

You know something, CeeCee, I think that you just hit the nail on the head (if I can be forgiven for using a chliche).

I hadn't thought of that before, but I do use RegSeeker and CCleaner. I had to uninstall and download FlashPlayer again on Friday afternoon, and now that you mentioned it, I now recall that I had used RegSeeker just prior to doing it.

I think that you are right, and I have been unwittingly causing my own troubles.

Thank you very much for drawing my attention to this. At least if it happens again, I'll know what is causing it.

Joe

Ottawa, Canada

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

"My flash player has stopped working and when I try to access an online video, say YouTube, I get the following message:

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Click here to get the latest flash player. "

I have the same problem and I was allowed to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Flashplayer but it still won't work on Youtube

it works on the other sites that embed the Youtube videos in them though.

I don't think I use registry cleaners

Can anyone think of a solution?

I'm really stumped

Thank you

Just wanna mention, that flash player bug is fixed on latest RegSeeker (1.52).

RegSeeker is now at 1.55 B)

post-1268-1193150781_thumb.png

http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

post-1268-1193150781_thumb.png

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Click here to get the latest flash player. "

Which browser are you using?

This is the same message I get when using Firefox with Noscript actively blocking a site with flash content.

If I allow the site then the flash content plays.