why do I have a mozilla plugin?

hazelnut

• Moderators

I use Internet Explorer and always have ( yes I know, but I like it!), and was wondering why at HKLM/software I have a mozillaplugin with a sub catogary of @viewpoint.com/VMP.

Have read its a PUP.

Should I delete it? Any ideas how it got there?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

As you may already have found out yourself, Viewpoint's Media Player is also packaged with the AOL client, and possibly with other software.

Although in itself harmless, it's quite allright to get rid of that "@viewpoint.com"subkey.

Just in case, you also want to have a look whether you have Viewpoint Media Player listed in Add/Remove Software, in which case I'd uninstall it.

• Moderators

Thats for the reply Tony.

I have deleted the subkey and looked in the contol panel ( although I had an idea it wasn't listed there )

When I first got this computer it came with all the usual unwanted things packaged on it, one of them being AOL if I wanted it - I didn't as I'm quite happy with Tiscali :)

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

Internet Explorer is an old outdated sucks browser.

It does not follow webstandards.

It is broken, it is defect!

Keep on using it, and it's only a matter of time before your system get infected with all kind of nasty malware, unless you system already is.

The computer literate use Mozilla Firefox, the best webbrowser in the galaxy.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

Eldmannen my Swedish friend, :)

It is so kind of you to suggest that I am illiterate and have an infested computer, you certainly know how to cheer me up on a boring Sunday evening.!

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

You really ARE too kind, Hazelnut.

I can only hope there will soon be a treatment for Eldmannen's condition, both for his AND our benefit...

I think the most promising therapy would be for him to have an extended stay in the good ol' USA. It would do him a world of good. I would be willing to do my part by living in Sweden while he is here recuperating. That's just the kind of generous guy I am :) .

Actually, I just want to live in Sweden and I'm hoping this will work...

Actually, I just want to live in Sweden and I'm hoping this will work...

Some friends of mine returned recently from an extended stay in Sweden. They hated it. After further probing as to it's good points, there was a long pause, then, after much deliberation, one of them piped up....Well, it is clean, but I'd rather die of pollution than boredom. :lol:

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse