Zotob authors jailed

Humpty

Quote:

Two Moroccan men have been jailed for releasing the Zotob computer worm, which wreaked havoc on an estimated 250,000 Windows PCs last year.

Farid Essebar, 19, of Morocco was sentenced to two years in prison on Tuesday by a Moroccan court, according to a report by Agence France-Presse. An accomplice, Achraf Bahloul, also of Morocco, received a one-year sentence, the report said.

Article

It is everybody's got given right to wreak some havoc and cause some chaos. :D

Chaos is part of the charm of the Internet.

What would the world be without villains sitting in their moms basement, lights off, room dark. 24 pack of Jolt Cola, backlit keyboards, and the "Muhahahahaha" laugh (or h4w h4w h4w). Planning and plotting on their wrecking chaos and havoc. :D

Hail Dr. Evil! _/

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

It is everybody's god given right to wreak some havoc and cause some chaos. :D

No it is not everyone's god given right to damage other peoples computers, steal their passwords, and their private data. I'm glad these fools got put in jail. I just wish the rest of them would too.

CyberTerrorism? Maybe, a**holes? Deffinetely.

Yeah, I meant "god given right", not "got given right". :D

I wouldn't call it cyberterrorism (buzz warning), unless it targets critical infrastructure.

Also, it sucks wiht worms that steal passwords or private data (but I don't think Zotob does this though, but not sure). Sucks if it installs adware too to get money, then its evil greedy.

And as for damage, I am not sure it actually does any real damage to the computer.

I think it would be pretty f***ing hilarious though to spread a worm that sets the desktop wallpaper to the infamous goatse.cx picture, then sends the picture to everyone on MSN/AOL/Yahoo! :D

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png