CCleaner & Java

Admiral Ross

Hello All!

I've read a thread on here to uncheck the java in the cleaner, that was done. Ran another clean without the java checked. Later the java doesn't function. Java has to be uninstalled then run the cleaner reboot and then reinstall for java to work again! Any suggestions as to why CCleaner is killing my java. I've tried both Sun Java & M$, they return the same results.

My fiance loves her POGO! So, if it doesn't work she will complain........:( Now, that I know what's killing my java and how to fix it. That's half the battle. But it would be nice to fix the root cause.

Thanks

Admiral.ross

I haven't heard about this issue yet.

I hope it gets fixed soon if CCleaner is the cause.

From winapp.ini

[sun Java]LangSecRef=3022Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Plug-inDefault=TrueFileKey1=%userprofile%\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey2=%userprofile%\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\javaws\cache|*.*|RECURSE

It seems like it is only deleting the cache which probably shouldn't cause any trouble.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Some java stuff does require cache. I would uncheck it, if you play java games alot.

Yes but he is saying CCleaner actually breaks his Java and requires a reinstall of Java. That isn't good.

I did a search in the forum and didn't see any mention of that problem before. My Java is working fine after a scan with CCleaner and Sun Java checked.