Office Depot to offer $99 PC

Humpty

Don't have any Office Depot over here in West Oz but some may find it interesting.

Quote:

Office Depot will sell a Hewlett-Packard desktop PC complete with a CRT monitor and printer for $99. The bundle, which typically sells for $429, involves a $100 in-store instant rebate and four mail-in coupons.

The offer is good from Sept. 3 through 9.

Article

• Moderators

I wonder what the specifications are. Well it's probably better than my old Win98 PC which is pathetically slow compared to my WinXP PC. This deal may actually be worth checking out just for a somewhat "good" second PC for backup purposes.

The stats are here, funny how I didn't notice the link the first time when I read the article.

The stats are here, funny how I didn't notice the link the first time when I read the article.

Thanks Andavari, I didn't see the link either.

Doesn't seem like a bad deal like you said. The upgrades for the HD and the memory seem pretty reasonable also.

And thanks Humpty for the original post.

Wow, there is a place called Ebay...

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

LMAO, I just put that just to be funny. I'm not stupid here lol. Don't get me wrong though... TigerDirect.com you can find some good prices though.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

Wow, that's a great deal on a budget computer! My only suggestion is that if someone buys it, they don't get the $50 RAM upgrade. It already comes with 256 MB, and adding another 256 MB stick (to bring it up to 512 MB) would only cost you around $30, not the $50 that HP is charging.

Also, I would recommend throwing one of these in it.

Hopefully nobody takes me seriously on that...

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Wow, that's a great deal on a budget computer! My only suggestion is that if someone buys it, they don't get the $50 RAM upgrade. It already comes with 256 MB, and adding another 256 MB stick (to bring it up to 512 MB) would only cost you around $30, not the $50 that HP is charging.

Haha......omg..thats so great...a freakin' x1900!?!?! LOL

But seriously, anyone who did this should do the hdd upgrade, but a different RAM and Monitor upgrade.

AJ

Thanks a lot lokoike! Based on your advice I was going to throw one of those in. But I can't because it's out of stock :angry: .

I never read the fine print because it's too hard to see. Besides, if it was important it would be in big print.

But I can't because it's out of stock :angry: .

I know. It's out of stock everywhere. It's a shame that none of us got one before they ran out. I would pay the $250 just for all of the parts if nothing else.

After shipping costs, and tax the total was $250, fyi. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)