DCOM

Parvez

I followed BlackViper's advice and disabled unesscary services. I have been getting this error in the EventLog system.. it's about DCOM! The error msg is

DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service usnsvc with arguments "" in order to run the server:

{736F8997-C651-4C45-BC43-8AF8369890F1}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Which service is that I need to start?

Thanks!

288olaow8888cq2.jpg

Yeah, i agree the help and support service is useless. I have it disabled too.

I already have DCOM Server Process Launcher set to Automatic and plus it's started. Maybe some other service?

Try the Help and Support service; set it to automatic, then reboot. What happened when the error occured?

Nothing happend. I sometimes check the EventLog and I saw this error from DCOM. The service keeps on trying to turn on but can't.. so there were a lots of same error from DCOM.

288olaow8888cq2.jpg

Am i suppose to save it and post here?

---

Name,Type,Description,Size

Application,Log,Application Error Records,64.0 KB

Security,Log,Security Audit Records,512.0 KB

System,Log,System Error Records,64.0 KB

288olaow8888cq2.jpg

"DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service usnsvc with arguments "" in order to run the server:

{736F8997-C651-4C45-BC43-8AF8369890F1}"

Which service is that I need to start?

Thanks!

By any chance were you trying to use Messenger when this error occurred? The error stated that it was trying to start the usnsvc service which is used for Messenger. I would set that to manual so that it can turn itself on only when needed.

usnsvcry1.th.jpg

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)