Error 75: Can't detete ForFire cookies

jdroost

After a Nortons update, Ccleaner will not detete FoxFire cookies. Get.... 75: Path/File access error and Error cleaning FoxFire cookies 75-Path/File access error. FoxFire set to delete cookies at power down and turn off. Worked great before last Norton up date..Can't delete cookies with FoxFire(options etc).. ??? Thanks..jdroost@gmail.com

Hey jdroost and welcome

not too sure but i do know that you have to have that option checked in Ccleaner and you cant clean out FF if its running.

thats the only advice I can give you about it.

• 4 weeks later...

I've always gotten error 75 when I mark the FireFox Cookies box! I'd love to have Ccleaner control my FireFox cookies but it has never worked so I leave the box unchecked.

I make my Firefox cookies.txt Read Only. FireFox then generates cookies_n.txt files. I wrote a .bat file to delete them. I have a quick launch icon for the .bat file next to the Ccleaner quick launch icon. The cookies I want stay and new ones are deleted. If I really want a cookie added, I remove the Read Only attribute temporarily until the new cookie is added. Then I set it back to Read Only. It's the only way I've found to manage cookies in FireFox or Netscape. For IE, I just delete all the cookies I get after I absolutely have to use it.

It is now Nov 4, 2006, version 1.34.407 and I still get the same error.

Is there a CClean guru that has an answer?

This is pretty basic stuff!

=======================================================

The problem still exists in version 1.35.

Why can't this problem be addressed?

After a Nortons update, Ccleaner will not detete FoxFire cookies. Get.... 75: Path/File access error and Error cleaning FoxFire cookies 75-Path/File access error. FoxFire set to delete cookies at power down and turn off. Worked great before last Norton up date..Can't delete cookies with FoxFire(options etc).. ??? Thanks..jdroost@gmail.com

Hi jdroost, and welcome. :)

I don't know the solution to your problem, and nor have I ever heard of it before. Maybe MrG will know more about it. But I wanted to mention that it's not a good idea to post your email publically like that, it's a good way to get spammed. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)