CCleaner Community Forums
sacornwell

Unistall Information

CCleaner is the firs progrma i install on a computer when i sit down to work at it and clean it up. But many times i have no clue what programs are in the unistall list, and it would be nice if there was a database that would load inforamtion so i could new what they did, perhaps the maker, install date, reference website, and a small desctiption

CCleaner is the firs progrma i install on a computer when i sit down to work at it and clean it up. But many times i have no clue what programs are in the unistall list, and it would be nice if there was a database that would load inforamtion so i could new what they did, perhaps the maker, install date, reference website, and a small desctiption

All of this information would be helpful. I would also like to see the file size of each program

to see how much disk space I may recover with the uninstall.

But many times i have no clue what programs are in the unistall list

It's why I previously suggested a 'regedit jump' option so that you would actually be taken to the relevant Registry key. The uninstall string there would immediately tell you what application a particular entry was related to...

Until such a feature is (hopefully) implemented, as a workaround you can launch Regedit, and drill down to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall subkey in order to examine the contents of the subkeys there.

I think it would be useful if it would:

A: Do things like it currently does e.g.; it quickly loads the list with no delays.

B: Had a button to click that would show the extended info you guys are requesting.

C: If it could hide things that are justs sub-components of an application not the whole application, e.g.; for instance Kodak EasyShare software installs allot of components/drivers that CCleaner lists as uninstallable. These sub-components are of course uninstalled by the main Kodak EasyShare uninstall program. Windows own built-in uninstaller doesn't list such sub-components.