August Desktops

TwistedMetal

i dont know alot about macs.

he had the little icon logo in the corner so i assumed he had a mac.

Here ya go...

Flyakite OSX (visually) transforms your Windows XP desktop environment into a a complete simulation of a Mac computer, including cursors, sounds, visual styles, login screen and other details. The program bundles a variety of individual tool to add additional Mac functionality such as colored folder icons, taskbar, dock and much more. FlyakiteOSX is not a simple desktop skins, but makes extensive changes to your system - it can automatically create a Windows Restore Point, allowing you to safely revert any changes. If you are a fan of the Mac interface but prefer the Windows operating system, this is a must-try software.

Edit?: Its safe to use! Just make sure you have System restore on!

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

untitledje1.th.jpg
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

i got a new wallpaper. and i think that's about it.

Clean:

sshot9hb7.th.png

Messy:

sshot8cu0.th.png

New_Age: myspacce and iTunes are both evil things :)

That's your opinion... :mellow:

Here ya go...

Flyakite OSX (visually) transforms your Windows XP desktop environment into a a complete simulation of a Mac computer, including cursors, sounds, visual styles, login screen and other details. The program bundles a variety of individual tool to add additional Mac functionality such as colored folder icons, taskbar, dock and much more. FlyakiteOSX is not a simple desktop skins, but makes extensive changes to your system - it can automatically create a Windows Restore Point, allowing you to safely revert any changes. If you are a fan of the Mac interface but prefer the Windows operating system, this is a must-try software.

Edit?: Its safe to use! Just make sure you have System restore on!

WOW! Thanks for the link! About time someone made a self-contained, easy-to-use skin switcher... One question though... I'm NEVER (well, rarely) happy with out-of-the-box themes... is there much room for optimization/tweaking/customization? Plus... do you know of any others similar to that? ;)

WOW! Thanks for the link! About time someone made a self-contained, easy-to-use skin switcher... One question though... I'm NEVER (well, rarely) happy with out-of-the-box themes... is there much room for optimization/tweaking/customization? Plus... do you know of any others similar to that? ;)

Sorry I'm unable to help. I never used it and never will. I'd just thought users here would like it. Ask Bob over in the Avast! Forums :)Bob3160. It would be better to E-Mail him. He may be able to shed some light for ya.

You could go here. You will... find an answer I'm sure :)aqua-soft Forums

Sorry I'm unable to help. I never used it and never will. I'd just thought users here would like it.

Oh, well... .thanks anyway! I tried it out, it's basically a compilation of different programs that have predefined values and everything... very authentic too, you can't tell that it's not a Mac...I have a feeling I'll be playing around with it a LOT :lol:

it's very nice on my system. using around 6mb mem. can play games like flatout 2 and call of duty 2 without having to quit the dock beforehand. Very pleased!

I was thinking about trying rocket dock... i've tried OD and RK Launcher, but I stopped using RK because it crashed multiple times, and at least you can back up your settings in OD... do you know if Rocket Dock can do that?

Also, what do you use for modifying your shell32? ResHacker?

RK Launcher crashing? that's weird. i'm using the larest nightly build and it hasn't been crashing at all here. as for RocketDock, i gave it a go and i didn't like it a lot. the skins there weren't that great and it also didn't show if the process(like Opera) is currently being used. it also flickered randomly at times. so RocketDock is not for me.

as for editing the shell32.dll file, ResHacker is the only tool that actually works. i've tried TGTSoft's ResEdit and some program called XM Resource Editor and none of them were able to replace the images inside.

RK Launcher crashing? that's weird. i'm using the larest nightly build and it hasn't been crashing at all here. as for RocketDock, i gave it a go and i didn't like it a lot. the skins there weren't that great and it also didn't show if the process(like Opera) is currently being used. it also flickered randomly at times. so RocketDock is not for me.

I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the docklet I was using (vuMeter from Dockex.com)

as for editing the shell32.dll file, ResHacker is the only tool that actually works. i've tried TGTSoft's ResEdit and some program called XM Resource Editor and none of them were able to replace the images inside.

I've been fooling around with ResHacker, but I've only had marginal success. I basically wanted to use it to change colors on various themes/msstyles, since whenever I change it in the Appearance applet, nothing happens to the actual style (in themes with 'glass effect' style task bars) Know of a tutorial or useful site to learn how to use it?

• Moderators

I haven't tried vista yet but since your running it I'll ask you. :P

Does it have like a windows xp/classic mode? Where all the menus are more link the old windows versions?(classic theme ect) If everything is going to be like IE7 or the new office then I will not be upgrading anytime soon. I just hate the layout so much.

Does it have like a windows xp/classic mode? Where all the menus are more link the old windows versions?(classic theme ect) If everything is going to be like IE7 or the new office then I will not be upgrading anytime soon. I just hate the layout so much.

It SHOULD have that... :mellow:

The future version will have the fancy one, "Normal" a lite version which is similar to XP, and Classic.