360 vs PS3

XGuNn3rX

Looks like I was right.

PlayStation 3 delayed in Australia and Europe

When Sony's PlayStation and PlayStation 2 consoles launched worldwide, there was up to nine months between the Japanese and European releases. So European gamers rejoiced when, at this year's E3, it was announced that the PlayStation 3 launch would take place worldwide over a matter of weeks in November.

However, this morning Sony has issued a statement saying that the PlayStation 3 release date has been put back to March 2007 in Europe, Russia, the Middle East, Africa, and Australasia. Sony cited 'the delay in the mass production schedule of the blue laser diode within the Sony Group' as the reason for the postponement.

The Japanese and North American release dates are unaffected by the delay, with scheduled 2006 launches on November 11 and November 17 respectively. Sony's global shipment forecast of 6 million units for the fiscal year of 2007 also remains unaffected.

The European delay means that the PlayStation 3 launch will take place well over six years since that of its predecessor, which went on sale on November 24, 2000. Sony is making no additional comment on the PlayStation 3 delay at this point in time.

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6157145.html?t...opslot;action;1

sumsitupro2.jpg

North American, Japanese PS3 launch limited to 500,000 units

Apparently the blue laser diode shortage that has delayed the PAL launch of the PS3 will also be affecting the North American and Japanese launches of the console. Sony Computer Entertainment Chief Ken Kutaragi told reporters that far fewer units will be available for the U.S. and Japanese launches, with the U.S. to be allocated 400,000 units, and Japan getting 100,000. As a result, Sony has now lowered its estimate of 4 million PS3s shipped by the end of 2006 to a more realistic 2 million.

Kaz mentioned this exact estimate reduction a couple of weeks ago in a Gamespot intervew (which was quickly retracted), so it appears as if the company has known about the production issues for a while. Thanks to these production issues, trying to bag a PS3 at the suggested retail price before Christmas is going to be game in and of itself.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/06/north-am...-500-000-units/

---

PS3 to load games slower than the Xbox 360

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/04/ps3-to-l...n-the-xbox-360/

---

No 1080p For PS3 Games

According to Sony, the official US PlayStation 3 site's caveat that the HDMI connection is required for 1080p signals in Blu-ray movies is fallout from uncertainty over the Image Constraint Token - a next-generation anti-piracy measure.

Sony has made an issue of pointing out that 1080p, which the Xbox 360 is incapable of, is the Holy Grail of "full HD". As it stands now, the only game that is running in 1080p, said Fargher, is Gran Turismo HD - a tech demo crafted by Polyphony to showcase what the system is capable of.

This is in line with our earlier report, where a development source told Kikizo that, "even with [final hardware] in mind, reaching good frame rates at 1080p with next-gen graphics is almost impossible. Instead many developers, ourselves included, are reworking so they run at 720p. "

In other words, movies will play at 1080p. Games won't, and maybe never will. Not that this is really new, but it's always distressing to have the obvious reiterated officially

http://kotaku.com/gaming/sony/no-1080p-for...ames-198852.php

---

Another lost game for PS3.

There has been some confusion surrounding Elveon and whether or not it is a multiplatform title. We can finally confirm the title will not be seen on the PS3.

Elveon is a elven action epic that uses the Unreal Engine 3.0 to produce amazing graphics and animations. Demos have been shown in the past two years, one at E3 2005, and one at Games Convention in Leipzig last month.

PR Manager Marcel Jung confirmed to PS3Land that there are currently no PS3 titles planned or in development.

Elveon will be making its way to PC and Xbox 360.

Multiple gaming sites, including PS3Land, had the game listed as a PS3 title. We hope this clears any misconceptions or confusion surrounding Elveon.

http://www.ps3land.com/article-639.php

---

GTA Creator Not Hip to Sony's Online Service

Grand Theft Auto creator Dave Jones says that Sony's online service for the upcoming PLAYSTATION 3 leaves him cold. He states:

"I seriously question Sony's policy of leaving it down to publishers to come up with their own standards for each [online] game. I completely disagree with it. I'm not going to put my credit card details with five different companies for some bits of downloadable content. Sony is a huge force, and definitely has been with the PS2 - but now I see it being, at worst, a 50/50 race, but as time goes on I lean more and more towards Microsoft."

While Jones has been involved with GTA since the second installment in the series, he is currently invovled with a Xbox 360 title called Crackdown. Guess he really did lean more and more towards Microsoft.

---

Hmm... but yet it doesn't bother you that Microsoft is shoving brand new unproven hardware down your throat every time you buy an XBOX 360 (think the 3-core 3.2 GHz processor). At least Sony's Blu-Ray drive isn't notorious for overheating and crashing. So it would a appear that Sony's "unproven" product (Blu-Ray) is more stable than MS's product (a hot-running multi-core processor).

Alright, lets stop this. The 360 DOES NOT overheat or crash. Sure, it's done it a couple of times, but so has every single console of mine. The PS2, the PS1, the N64, the GCN, the Xbox, Sega Mega Drive, every single one. You don't even own a 360, so how can you talk?

One that isn't far from the 360's power? Pardon me, but last time I checked, the PS3 having twice as much power as the 360 is a pretty substantial difference. And to your other comments, once again I state, this isn't about which system has the prettiest advertisements. There have been many great products in the past that have failed simply because they weren't advertised well enough, or because their features weren't understood by the public. That doesn't mean that they weren't good products; it just means they didn't sell as many. I don't care if Sony only sells 4 PS3s while MS sells millions of 360s. All I care about for the sake of this thread (the title of which is 360 vs PS3, in case you forgot), is which SYSTEM IS THE BEST. Not which system ends up with the best games (since that can't be determined yet). Not which system has the best advertisements, or the most bigwig corporations backing it up. I only care about which gaming console has the MOST POTENTIAL. And once again, that is the PS3.

:lol: Seriously, just stop. The PS3 is not twice as powerful. The games even show that.

And you should be caring how well the PS3 does after that insane price. You better hope Sony hasn't invented the next Dreamcast, because there goes $600 down the drain.

More consoles sold = More games, more exclusives, better games, bigger online community. It goes on and on.

---

I don't see how you can be looking forward to the PS3 after all the bad news. It seems like Sony just doesn't care and is hoping they will win next gen by brand recognition alone. They don't care for the product, they know it will sell, that's why they are feeding you crap.

• Moderators

Putting things in large fonts doesn't make it more important, just harder to read. Please try to post in normal sized fonts.

----------------------------------------------------------

You used the argument "its all about the games" well thats what the ps2 had going for it last time and all xbox players just kept on about the graphics.(lets face it thats all they really had). But now that they will not be the best anymore they start complaining about other things. The price I can understand but if thats your only problem don't buy it. Simple as that.Fact is the PS3 will be the most powerful,capable, and have the most features. Plus the playstation 3 will have the ps2 back catalog which is arguably the best out of any system.

The Xbox360 has been out for a year now and it still doesn't have the killer app that would make most people go buy it.(Halo 3 is around the corner but there are so many good FPS games coming I'm not sure it will be as big of a hit.) I just played saints row at a friends house and its pretty cool but GTA is still better.

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=to...amp;sortdir=asc

Only 3 games with 9 ratings and most of the others I can get for my plain xbox.(and they will play just as good and don't look that much worse.)

Right now the only next gen games that truely look worth upgrading for to me are assassins creed, MGS4, and UT2007(my current pc wouldn't play it but maybe my next one will).

Putting things in large fonts doesn't make it more important, just harder to read. Please try to post in normal sized fonts.

----------------------------------------------------------

You used the argument "its all about the games" well thats what the ps2 had going for it last time and all xbox players just kept on about the graphics.(lets face it thats all they really had). But now that they will not be the best anymore they start complaining about other things. The price I can understand but if thats your only problem don't buy it. Simple as that.Fact is the PS3 will be the most powerful,capable, and have the most features. Plus the playstation 3 will have the ps2 back catalog which is arguably the best out of any system.

The Xbox360 has been out for a year now and it still doesn't have the killer app that would make most people go buy it.(Halo 3 is around the corner but there are so many good FPS games coming I'm not sure it will be as big of a hit.) I just played saints row at a friends house and its pretty cool but GTA is still better.

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=to...amp;sortdir=asc

Only 3 games with 9 ratings and most of the others I can get for my plain xbox.(and they will play just as good and don't look that much worse.)

Right now the only next gen games that truely look worth upgrading for to me are assassins creed, MGS4, and UT2007(my current pc wouldn't play it but maybe my next one will).

PS2 players used to say "it's all about the gameplay" and Xbox players said "it's the graphics". This time it's switched, the 360 has the gameplay while PS3 has graphics. Here's the thing, though, PS3 still hasn't shown graphically superior games.

PS3 has nothing, except for Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid. You can't deny that. They had Assasins Creed, but now that's on the 360, so all the PS3 has is two games. Sad aint it? Not only that, but the whole PS3 launch is full of EA titles and a generic FPS that doesn't come close to 360's shooters. What I want to know is how can you criticize 360's games for not being 9.0 when PS3 has NOTHING?

Killer App? Where's the killer app for PS3 (MGS, FF)? They aren't coming out for another year. Seriously, this double standards thing is a joke, to give the 360 crap because it doesn't have a killer app, when the same thing is happening for PS3. I don't know what to say. :|

Oh, and nobody wants to comment on all the bad PS3 news?

• Moderators

PS2 players used to say "it's all about the gameplay" and Xbox players said "it's the graphics". This time, though, it's switched, the 360 has the gameplay while PS3 has graphics. Here's the thing, though, PS3 still hasn't shown graphically superior games.

PS3 has nothing, except for Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid. You can't deny that. They had Assasins Creed, but now that's on the 360, so all the PS3 has is two games. Sad aint it? Not only that, but the whole PS3 launch is full of EA titles and a generic FPS that doesn't come close to 360's shooters.

No the PS3 still is getting the better games. You just decided it wasn't. I'll list more if you want...

I didn't know about assassins creed. Thats cool though because that game looks amazing. It will be interesting to see if the xbox version stands up to the ps3 one.

What I want to know is how can you criticize 360's games for not being 9.0, when PS3 has NOTHING?

Well its hard to rate games that aren't out yet. But you made a lot of sense there...not really.

Thats like me saying the PS2 has more 9.0 games then xbox, and xbox360 combined(which it does) but its not fair because 360 hasn't been out as long. Your logic is just nonexistent.

Killer App? Where's the killer app for PS3 (MGS, FF)? They aren't coming out for another year. Seriously, this double standards thing is a joke, to give the 360 crap because it doesn't have a killer app, when the same thing is happening for PS3. I don't know what to say. :|

PS3 still has the big same big series that the ps2 did and lots more.

Tekken

Ratchet

MGS

Devil May Cry

FF

GT HD

Killzone

Mercenaries(maybe on xbox too?)

VF5

Its getting some cool new ones too.

HL2(true hl2 with episodes and added multiplayer. Xbox version was ok but no where near PC.)

UT2007

Resistance

Heavenly Sword

Army of Two

Plus some series I hope they bring to ps3

God of War

Socom

Jak

Those are just the games I want from a quick glance. I'm sure their will be more.

Plus PS2 already proved those games can sell consoles. Xbox is the one that no ones sure if good games are on the way.

Oh, and nobody wants to comment on all the bad PS3 news?

Didn't read it. Gigantic bold fonts=head ache.

Why go on... for this? Console is a console people. Heck, I still have a Dreamcast here.

Have all the great games like...

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2

Sega Rally 2

Sega GT

Slave Zero

Soul Calibur *Hell's Yeah!

Speed Devils

Star Wars Episode I: Racer

Crazy Taxi

HeadHunter

Hydro Thunder *OMG Can't have a Dreamcast without it!

House of the Dead 2

Just naming a few that I own.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

I still play my dreamcast as well.

I have about the same ones as you but add in power stone. :D

I heard some good stuff about that game but never got the chance to play it. And... is it just me are is it that everytime I've seen Crazy Taxi being played it skips and has lag in certain areas with the maps. Is that caused by the Disc speed only being at 12x?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

Xbox is the one that no ones sure if good games are on the way.

No one knows if good games are coming out for the 360? I... I don't know what to say. You must have missed Gears of War (this and Mass Effect will be Killer Apps), Mass Effect, Dead Rising, Saints Row, Lost planet, Too human, Fable 2, Forza 2, Halo 3, Crackdown, Alan Wake, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, Rainbow 6: Vegas, Splinter Cell: DA, F.E.A.R. (And F.E.A.R. 2), 2 Days to Vegas, Ghost Recon, Oblivion, Perfect Dark Zero, Project Gotham Racing 3, Dead or Alive 4, Rockstar's Table Tennis, Call of Duty 2 and Farcry... Just off the top of my head. Most of them are exclusive aswell.

Tekken - Tekken has always been good, so I'll give you that, but have you seen the graphics? :|

http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/128...9_screen001.jpg

Ratchet

MGS

Devil May Cry - Rumoured to be on 360. Wouldn't be surprised after the big success that is Dead Rising (also made by Capcom).

FF

GT HD - All it is, is Grand Turismo in HD. How pathetic.

Killzone - No gameplay shown and the first game was (to say the least)... BAD

Mercenaries(maybe on xbox too?) - The first game was on Xbox, so why not 360? It's also rumoured.

VF5

HL2(true hl2 with episodes and added multiplayer. Xbox version was ok but no where near PC.) - Also on 360 with Xbox Live support...

UT2007 - Also on 360...

Resistance - Generic FPS with one of the worst AI I have ever seen.

Heavenly Sword

Army of Two - Also on 360.

And since you kept complaining about the big fonts, I fixed it up, happy?

• Moderators

How can you complain about a games AI when you haven't played it yet? Thats like complaining about a games rating that isn't out yet... logic isn't your strong point.

Deadrising was fun the first few hours I played it but it got old after that. Its not getting that good of review either.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/723/723910p1.html

Its good for a 360game but compared to anything else its only so so.

Same thing for saints row.(even though its better graphics then GTA, san adreas is still more fun to play)

The first fable was ok but it was short and not really all that fun to replay(I played through good then bad and never again). Also listing a table tennis game as a killer app means your screwed...(GOW looks good we'll see. I bet UT is better though.)

Basically everything you said is BS because none of it can be proven. All I'm saying is exactly that. The 360 at this point in time does not have very many good game(FACT) will it get some more in the future? IDK for a system thats only out for a year its hard to say but it doesn't have that many good titles announced for the near future.

The debate is dumb and the fact that your taking it so seriously is kind of funny. I'm only saying what I say because its so easy to disprove everything you feel so strongly about. It amuses me. :)

How can you complain about a games AI when you haven't played it yet? Thats like complaining about a games rating that isn't out yet... logic isn't your strong point.

Deadrising was fun the first few hours I played it but it got old after that. Its not getting that good of review either.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/723/723910p1.html

Its good for a 360game but compared to anything else its only so so.

Same thing for saints row.(even though its better graphics then GTA, san adreas is still more fun to play)

The first fable was ok but it was short and not really all that fun to replay(I played through good then bad and never again). Also listing a table tennis game as a killer app means your screwed...(GOW looks good we'll see. I bet UT is better though.)

Basically everything you said is BS because none of it can be proven. All I'm saying is exactly that. The 360 at this point in time does not have very many good game(FACT) will it get some more in the future? IDK for a system thats only out for a year its hard to say but it doesn't have that many good titles announced for the near future.

The debate is dumb and the fact that your taking it so seriously is kind of funny. I'm only saying what I say because its so easy to disprove everything you feel so strongly about. It amuses me. :)

You obviously haven't seen the latest Resistance video. The AI is horrid.

Dead Rising didn't get good reviews? So an 8.3 is bad ("Impressive" on IGN, "Great" on GameSpot)?

I didn't list Table Tennis as a Killer App, can you read? I said Mass Effect and Gears of War are Killer Apps.

The fact that you said the 360 doesn't have that many good titles announced just destroys your post. Mindless fanboy drivel.

The old "this is dumb and your taking it serious" argument... Sad. If everything I said was BS, how about you prove me wrong?

• Moderators

"Fanboy"? Funny as I have every console since the NES to the Xbox.

I play them all but I buy the best ones first and get the others later when they are cheaper. If anyone in this thread has some strange "fanboy" thing going on is you. Since you obviously have some love affair with MS going on.

How can you judge AI from a video? Especially a video of an unfinished game. If you see a video of halo and only saw the first little aliens that run away when you shoot them but didn't see the elites you would think it had crap AI too, but whatever.

Out of the games you said that you think make the 360great you listed rockstar table tennis. Looking back your right, you didn't say killer app but "games to look forward too" would fit. Sorry but table tennis games aren't going to attract new users. But its true nothing can be proved(even what you say) so this is pretty much a debate going nowhere. Come back in a year or two and then this can be discussed with more fact.

Edit:

Look at this:

http://digg.com/gaming_news/The_Gamecube_i...ox_360_in_Japan

In japan, the place where games are most popular/innovative even the GC is outselling the xbox360. :lol:

"Fanboy"? Funny as I have every console since the NES to the Xbox.

I play them all but I buy the best ones first and get the others later when they are cheaper. If anyone in this thread has some strange "fanboy" thing going on is you. Since you obviously have some love affair with MS going on.

How can you judge AI from a video? Especially a video of an unfinished game. If you see a video of halo and only saw the first little aliens that run away when you shoot them but didn't see the elites you would think it had crap AI too, but whatever.

Out of the games you said that you think make the 360great you listed rockstar table tennis. Looking back your right, you didn't say killer app but "games to look forward too" would fit. Sorry but table tennis games aren't going to attract new users. But its true nothing can be proved(even what you say) so this is pretty much a debate going nowhere. Come back in a year or two and then this can be discussed with more fact.

We are talking about "good" games, no? Table Tennis got good reviews (8.5 at GameSpot).

Do you want me to find the video of the AI? I don't care if the game is finished or not, the AI is HORRIBLE.

You say you're not a fanboy because you have owned all consoles since NES. So how can I be a fanboy if I owned PS1, PS2, N64, GameCube, Xbox, Xbox 360?

Look at this:

http://digg.com/gaming_news/The_Gamecube_i...ox_360_in_Japan

In japan, the place where games are most popular/innovative even the GC is outselling the xbox360. :lol:

Good job beating a dead horse. Everyone knows Microsoft wont succeed in Japan, this is OLD news.

Japan is big, yes, but who needs japan when you have Europe, USA, and the rest of the world?

Don't forget Sony also has to compete against Nintendo for the Japanese market, but that's another story.

• Moderators

Who didn't own a SNES? That is probably the best console EVER.

That was the hay day of video games...

Great games sell consoles, not just good ones. I think that if the PS3 comes out with as many top rating/selling games as the PS2 did then it won't have a problem selling. We'll see.

Who didn't own a SNES? That is probably the best console EVER.

That was the hay day of video games...

Great games sell consoles, not just good ones. I think that if the PS3 comes out with as many top rating/selling games as the PS2 did then it won't have a problem selling. We'll see.

360 has GREAT games and there are GREAT games coming out for it.

Also, games don't just sell consoles. There's the price, marketing, word of mouth, etc.

Don't forget Sony also has to compete against Nintendo for the Japanese market, but that's another story.
PS3 will be competiting against Wii? i doubt that. PS3 will crush it. even the 360 will crush Wii. there will be no competition. the only real competition will be against PS3 and 360. but most of us already knows who will win that anyway. (PS3)

PS3 will be competiting against Wii? i doubt that. PS3 will crush it. even the 360 will crush Wii. there will be no competition. the only real competition will be against PS3 and 360. but most of us already knows who will win that anyway. (PS3)

I think you're going to be surprised...

And let me ask this...

What are you going to say when PS3 comes last out of all three consoles?

The Wii will be awesome. Playing all the games from NES to the N64 :)

I think you're going to be surprised...

And let me ask this...

What are you going to say when PS3 comes last out of all three consoles?

i dont need to say anything like that. i know that the PS3 will not come last. Wii will come last, 360 will be second and PS3 will be first. of course.

• 2 weeks later...

GT HD: Up to $800 to play this game?

September 20, 2006 - According to a post at Beyond3D an interview with Kazunori Yamauchi about the new Gran Turismo on PS3 in the latest issue of Famitsu has more details on microtransactions in the game.

According to the article, shortly after PlayStation 3's launch there will be two versions of the new Gran Turismo HD, both have online multiplayer. Gran Turismo 5 will not arrive until 2008.

Gran Turismo HD: Premium is a GT5 prologue that comes with two courses and 30 cars. Gran Turismo HD: Classic has no cars or courses and is meant to be a platform for the online multiplayer, which according to this report supports up to 20 cars in a race.

Up to 750 cars and 50 tracks will be available for purchase. The cars are reportedly 50 - 100 yen (approx. $0.43 - 0.85) and courses are 200 - 500 yen (approx. $1.71 - 4.26). You will not get cars via in game events, only by purchasing and downloading. Apparently, there are also plans to release limited numbers of downloads for special courses.

IGN contacted Sony who would not comment at this time. Does this mean that to own all the cars and courses in GT HD a PS3 owner would have to drop up $500-845 bucks on Gran Turismo? What if you don't download all the courses, but your friend does? Can you not race on that track unless you buy it? Hopefully, these questions can be answered later this week at Sony's Press Conference from the Tokyo Game Show.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/733/733760p1.html

---

How can you defend this crap?

Oh, and what happened to the "free" online, Sony?

if GT5 does come out at 2008. the price of it will surely be unknown till its closer to the date. its really just predicting the price. as of now, its too early to say the exact price.

Microsoft just owned the competition!

It sounds like X06 was quite an amazing press conference, filled with the sort of surprises and delights befitting a regular carnival of gaming.

We've posted all of the news on the site, but I thought it would be best to summarize it somewhere for those not into browsing, or reading.

Hit the jump for the official summary and links to our stories. I'll post the press release in a bit as well.

Jackson Working on New Halo Game: A landmark partnership announced between Academy Award-winning writer, director and producer Peter Jackson, Academy Award-winning screenwriter Fran Walsh, and Microsoft Game Studios will create two new interactive entertainment series exclusively for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live. The first series will be a collaborative effort with Bungie Studios to co-create the next great chapter in the "Halo" universe. The second series will be an entirely original property targeted at bringing new audiences into the captivating world of interactive entertainment. In addition, Microsoft Game Studios will partner with Jackson and Walsh to establish Wingnut Interactive, a studio dedicated to the creation of world-class interactive entertainment.

X06 Halo RTS Announced: "Halo Wars" is an all-new real-time strategy game based on the legendary "Halo" universe and designed exclusively for Xbox 360 by Ensemble Studios, creators of the "Age of Empires" franchise.

Two Exclusive GTA4 Eposides Coming to 360 Live: Rockstar and Take-Two announced they will provide Xbox 360 gamers with exclusive access to two downloadable, epic episodes of "Grand Theft Auto IV" via Xbox Live, each with hours of entirely new gameplay and available only on Xbox 360 just months after the release of the title.

Unnannounced Splinter Cell an Xbox 360 Exclusive: Ubisoft confirmed that the next "Splinter Cell" title, the next installment in the series after "Splinter Cell Double Agent," will be a console-exclusive on Xbox 360, a testament to the ability of Xbox 360 to deliver a complete experience no other console can match.

BioShock No Longer Coming to PS3 (At Launch): 2K Games confirmed that "BioShock," a revolution in the genre that will forever change the expectations for first-person shooters, will be released exclusively on Xbox 360 and Microsoft? Windows next spring.

"Project Gotham Racing? 4," the latest addition to the best-selling racing franchise from Bizarre Creations exclusively for Xbox 360, was unveiled. "Project Gotham Racing 4" promises to continue the "Project Gotham Racing" pedigree of innovation by introducing exciting new experiences to racing fans worldwide.

The beloved "Banjo-Kazooie?" franchise will breathe new, high-definition life on Xbox 360 exclusively from famed developer Rare Ltd.; astonishing next-generation visuals and presentation reunite beloved characters Banjo, Kazooie and Gruntilda -- among other fan favorites -- with their sharp wit and hilarious sense of humor.

PC/360 Cross-Platform Marvel MMO Coming: Microsoft Game Studios announced its highly anticipated new massively multiplayer online game, "Marvel Universe Online" for Xbox 360 and the Windows Vista operating system, developed by industry luminaries Cryptic Studios, creators of the smash hit "City of Heroes."

Doom is Live on Xbox Live Now: Two additions to Xbox Live Arcade were announced: the first-person shooter that pioneered the network-gaming era, "DOOM?," from acclaimed developer id Software and Activision, is available today for download via Xbox Live Arcade. The hey game includes the original four-episode, single-player game, four-player split screen (cooperative and deathmatch) and four-player cooperative and deathmatch over Xbox Live. Also coming to Xbox Live Arcade soon is "Sensible World of Soccer" from Codemasters. Based on the classic 1994 Amiga title, "Sensible World of Soccer" will let gamers choose between the original graphics or an updated, high-resolution look and feel -- while still capturing the original's entire world of football.

360 HD-DVD for $200 in U..S.: Arriving at retailers in North America, the U.K, France and Germany in mid-November 2006, the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player will retail for $199.99 in North America (estimated retail price)* and ?199.99/?129.99 (estimated retail price)* in the U.K., France and Germany. The Xbox 360 HD DVD Player comes with the Universal Pictures' blockbuster film Peter Jackson's "King Kong" on HD DVD (for a limited time) and the Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote.

And I wont even bother mentioning all the recently bad PS3 news. :lol:

GG Sony, you wont be missed.