Shareaza: clean history

elim

My suggestion for the CC program is the capability to clean Shareaza search histories, as well as stale metadata files in <download location>\Metadata\*.xml. BTW this is a hidden directory, default in "My Documents\Downloads".

Thanks and keep up the good work!

• Moderators

There's a CCleaner add-on called winapp2.ini, you can see if it's listed in it. If not you can use winapp2.ini as a sort of template to make your own cleaning add-on for Shareaza or any other program you use and wish to have cleaned. Just make sure if you make a cleaning routine for any program to thoroughly test it on your own system first for safety before submitting it as a winapp2.ini add-on.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a CCleaner add-on called winapp2.ini, you can see if it's listed in it. If not you can use winapp2.ini as a sort of template to make your own cleaning add-on for Shareaza or any other program you use and wish to have cleaned. Just make sure if you make a cleaning routine for any program to thoroughly test it on your own system first for safety before submitting it as a winapp2.ini add-on.

Many user change the default download location to one of their choice. How can I make the winapp2.ini look in the right location? Shareaza stores the download location in the registry, so what we need is a way to read the path in that particular string and then perform the search / delete in that path. Hope that makes sense.