:( desktop folder

katfig

:( HELP ! How can i restore a desktop folder after I deleted it, ran CCleaner then realized it was the wrong folder ?? IS there any way possible??

thanks

katfig - new to forum, list & cccleaner

welcome here katfig.

its not likely that you can get it back.

was it by any chance just a shortcut?

if it wasnt, you can try this program...

• Moderators

What program, you provided no link.

You'd need to use some restoration software if there were any critical files in that folder such as important documents and such along those lines. However be forewarned that regaining all of the files via restoration software probably won't be 100% successful. If you have a backup version restoring them from either a .zip archive or a backup disc (CD-R, CD-RW) will probably be the quickest route to getting your files back, if you've been periodically backing them up - if not this is your wakeup call to start regularly making backups of important files off the main hard disk.

welcome here katfig.

its not likely that you can get it back.

was it by any chance just a shortcut?

THANKS for answering. I had no luck in recovering it from my computer...have tried everything.

I dawned on me i had downloaded from pen drive and even though i deleted it also from drive i was able to recover it using rest2514.zip http://www.geocities.jp/br_kato/ i tip i found from this forum :)

Thanks again :):)

PS: BTW...what program were u going to suggest? I would like to see it too...incase of further dumb actions ...

Kathryn

• 4 weeks later...